The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. Chong

Quick comparisons between two medium format cameras and wide angle lenses.

The first image is the Fujifulm GFX100 with GF23. ISO 100 f/4, 1/550s. Second image is Hasselblad H3D-39 with HCD28. ISO 100 f/4, 1/500s. Both exposures set manually after metering with the built-in meters of the cameras by spot metering on the bright part of the leaves.

The tripod was not moved between shots.

I note that the Fujifilm GFX100 with GF23 coverage is wider than the Hasselblad combo. This is clear in the amount of retaining wall on the extreme right...quite a bit more is visible than on the H.

Colours a bit on the brighter side, more punchy than the H colours. But this is a jpeg image processed in-camera on the GFX. I know, I am lazy and originally intended to just compare the angle of view. And the H does not produce a jpeg in-camera, so is a quick process through Phocus into jpeg.

Image resolution is fabulous. At 100%, chairs in the balcony in the tall buildings (D'Leedon) in the background is clearly defined.

Note however, the edges of the balcony on photo extreme left and compare them.

gfx100-23.jpg

In the Hasselblad image, the lines are very straight, even at the edges, see extreme left of the edges of the balcony. Colours from this old CCD sensor is spot on.

Even though there is a large mis-match between resolutions, the H3D has only 39 Mp, very little difference in details resolved. I also note that though smaller in pixel count, the H3D sensor is larger, measuring 48mm x 36mm vs the 44 x 33 of the GFX. Of course at 100% pixel peep the GFX100 images are much larger, and more detailed, but reduced the same size, hardly any difference.

h3d-28.jpg

Which one do you prefer?

anyone

A little bit of fun with MF - Happy Easter!

osterei_web.jpg
Hasselblad 500CM, (my new) Makro Planar CFI 120mm, IQ1 60, double exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.