The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jng

Yesterday morning I noticed the sunlight streaming in through the window, playing nicely with a bouquet of cut flowers my wife had placed on the counter.

IQ160_6437_f11_C1-w-border.jpg

501CM | IQ160 | 120 Makro-Planar

John

jng

Hi, John,

Cut flowers are so tempting aren't they? Beautiful. Do you use a WLF on your 501 with the DB?
Thanks, Dave. I was using the waist level finder on the 501 but it's currently doing duty on a ground glass screen adapter as part of my tech cam kit. For this particular shot I used a PME51 with a view magnifier - the 6x total magnification makes focusing relatively straightforward in decent light. I was pleasantly surprised that I hit the desired plane of focus on my first attempt!

John

dave.gt

Darr,

I just love this. Simple reduction with all the elements of Autumn to make one think and appreciate this season. Sad in a way for me as we missed our anniversary trip to the mountains, however, there is another beautiful season in the mountains just ahead, Winter!:)

Thanks for sharing!

tsjanik

Gorgeous picture and rig ... makes more sense than the Diglloyd MB Van.

Which Alaskan and how did you outfit heating, sleeping and refrigeration ... I have looked at their
site and there are a lot of options.

Looks like it does not rest on the Ford's Cab ...

Thanks in advance Tom.

Just looking forward ...

Regards,

Bob
Bob:

Thanks Bob. We have a 10 ft. model with the cab-over bed (queen size and very comfortable) and most of the options available excepting AC, TV radio and a few others. Heat is a propane furnace which we have already used in temps from 5 to 42F, with 20,000 BTU it's more than adequate. Camper does not rest on the cab; in fact, the sky is still visible through the sunroof. Ironic that you should mention Lloyd's MB Sprinter, my wife and I spent considerable time trying to design a Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion before we decided on the Alaskan. PM me if you want some details.

Tom

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Bill:

It seems you and I have something in common in addition to suffering the November weather on the Great Lakes. My wife and I just returned from Washington State where we took delivery of our Alaskan camper. Attached image was taken in Kamiak Butte Co Park. It includes a great campground near Palouse, WA; close to Steptoe and Kamiak is quite a butte on its own - although it requires a hike to reach the top.

Tom
Great minds think alike, Tom! We had a Lance for 18 years and just replaced it with the Northern Lite, a clamshell design built in Kelowna BC.
I know Kamiak Butte from a trip I took there a few years back - lovely region. While you were there we were quite close in southern BC and Alberta. We should share travel plans!

Now I'll stop hijacking this thread....

D

Deleted member 7792

Some of the last vestiges of fall. From the backyard (with 20mph wind gusts). Yes, I'm bored.

Joe

dave.gt

Joe,

Haha! I did the same thing a few weeks ago when the Tropical Storm blew through here. Didn't have the guts to post it though. Bravo!:):):)

My boredom remains... next shoot is December 10th...Yikes!

I like your image better than mine...

darr

Darr,

I just love this. Simple reduction with all the elements of Autumn to make one think and appreciate this season. Sad in a way for me as we missed our anniversary trip to the mountains, however, there is another beautiful season in the mountains just ahead, Winter!:)

Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Dave. I appreciate the seasons and all the color and textures they can bring. Sorry you missed your anniversary trip, but like you say, Winter is also a beautiful season especially in the mountains!

Kind regards,
Darr

JohnBrew

I'm with Joe, utterly bored. So I went out with the RM3di, 70 HR and CFV-50c and did two long exposures and then stacked them, just playing around. And yes, the wind was blowing but I didn't get much movement and I really should have since exposure was over three minutes. 16 stop ND.

Attachments

Last edited:

Deltona

Over the last few weeks I've had a few locations in mind, for autumn scenes. I have visited this one on numerous occasions, but always been defeated by the light/weather.
This afternoon a combination of factors came into play, forcing me into another 30 mile round trip, fortunately the light and the dark threatening backdrop remained.

Pentax 645z 45-85mm and CPL

_IMG4542.jpg

jduncan

Re: Wild sunset over dilapidated farm, Italy

A wild sunset over a dilapidated farm in the Valli di Comacchio, Italy. Shot with the Leica S, Leica Vario-Elmar-S 30-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters just before my Leica Akademie Workshop in Comacchio last year.

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Magical,

Collin Orthner

Newbie here on the forum. Have had a look around and greatly enjoyed the many fine images presented!! This past Monday morning I dropped my wife off at her office downtown and headed into Red Deer County through a thick ice fog that had enveloped Red Deer and the surrounding area. I didn’t get far before I started to see the potential for some pictures. I slowed down along one of the range roads heading south as the fog was very thick, but when I get on backroads it’s what I tend to do anyway. As soon as I saw these trees I slammed on the brakes. They reminded me of Ray McSavaney’s pictures of the “Walking Tree” that he made in Yosemite National Park in the 80’s (I believe it was Ray McSavaney that first found the tree he photographed in Yosemite, but John Sexton photographed the “Fallen Branch” beautifully as well). I set up and waited until the fog drifted off a bit so I could see the front trees a bit better. It took a few minutes but I did’t mind. There was almost no wind and the fog was absorbing most of the sounds from around me. The quietness was very enjoyable!

GFX, Mamiya 645 210mm

Status
Not open for further replies.