The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

AFDlll, P45+. Hartblei 45

It´s hard for me to define why I work mainly with a medium format camera.

The list starts with the tactile experience of working with a medium format camera.
--long list here---
And ends with the result out of the sensor or film

But I really don´t try to define it anymore.
It is much simpler that way.

But life would be even more simpler if I was satisfied to work only with my excellent X-Pro2..

Ray
Another nice image, Ray!

After shooting Leica for so many years, I realized that I wasn't getting any younger... at my age, I needed to change and my recent trade for a Hasselblad 503 was perfect for me to use, so I decided to "go big or stay at home!"... no more regrets for not having the ability to print LARGE, or wishing I had more resolution, or the "look" of the final image. I knew I just had to get the MF system.:thumbs:

tashley

Subscriber Member
Understand, but sorry-wrong thread as this thread is not about ballpark images-instead MF images. A lot us here have large prints and excellent images from non-MF cameras, but we don't post them here. Just think if we all decided to post from whatever camera we wanted to post in this thread. It would not be good for all getDPI members.
In my opinion, some issues are about more than one category. There isn't a a sub-forum for 'I'd like to compare MF with pixel-shift' and so, with the introduction that it was a 'bit of fun' I chose to float what is, for me at least, an interesting balloon. As an owner of most Phase systems at some point, and an X1D, I think it's a valid topic without any one natural home. But you are most welcome to ask the mods to remove it... I should also add that I have pretty much the same image from an IQ3-100 and chose not to post a non-scientific direct comparison, because of the 'pretty much' factor.

Maybe a new thread would have been better. Who knows?

ejpeiker

XF IQ3-100, 35mm (~23mm FF equiv), ISO 6400 x 13 exposures, f/3.5, 13s
The Lomaki Ruin at Wupatki National Monument with the Milky Way. This is 13 shots stacked with the Starry Sky Stacker program which allows one to take a series of shots to collect enough light and to reduce noise in the final image. Some clouds and heat haze affected the acuity of the stars near the horizon.

View attachment 128288

etrump

Awesome! I love those ruins and this kicks it into high gear!

:thumbs:

The Lomaki Ruin at Wupatki National Monument with the Milky Way. This is 13 shots stacked with the Starry Sky Stacker program which allows one to take a series of shots to collect enough light and to reduce noise in the final image. Some clouds and heat haze affected the acuity of the stars near the horizon.

View attachment 128288

dave.gt

View attachment 128288
E.J. This is superb and it boggles my mind going to all that work, well done, and I would like to think of doing something similar as it inspires me while it puts a lot of things in perspective. Living in a huge urban area, I never get to see anything so spectacular due to light pollution. Thanks for posting.:thumbup:

ejpeiker

E.J. This is superb and it boggles my mind going to all that work, well done, and I would like to think of doing something similar as it inspires me while it puts a lot of things in perspective. Living in a huge urban area, I never get to see anything so spectacular due to light pollution. Thanks for posting.:thumbup:
Dave, I feel your pain as I live in the Phoenix metro and it is at minimum a 2 hour drive and for truly dark skies, a three hour drive... Thanks for the kind words.

Michiel Schierbeek

Former Steel plant or what's left of it. The whole factory was sold to the Chinese in the 1980ths, completely dismantled and shipped to China.

Pentax 645Z Mamiya 55 shift lens

Mark C

Former Steel plant or what's left of it. The whole factory was sold to the Chinese in the 1980ths, completely dismantled and shipped to China.

Pentax 645Z Mamiya 55 shift lens

Superb detail there. Did you consider processing it in B&W? I admit to being B&W biased but I think it would have suited this image.

dave.gt

Just Wow!...

I will send you a pm with my thoughts as the iPhone makes typing tedious. The technical aspects and composition are excellent imo. More importantly, is the emotional response. It is one of those images that bring back memories of a more innocent time and all the emotions of the young and young at heart. As a hopeless romantic, I thank you for this image!

:):):)

dave.gt

A few from the Seychelles, a truly beautiful place.

Fuji GFX with the 32-64mm F/4

and with the Canon 24mm TS-E F/3.5 and Cambo adapter

Well done, Quentin!

Imagining sitting on that porch with such a beautiful view is wonderful. Alas, we have not had a vacation in over a decade... but I can live vicariously, right?:) thanks for these. I especially like the last one as it catches my eye immediately.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.