The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

I'm a huge admirer of your work. You have such precise compositions with very intricate line and color interplay that's not obvious at a first glance and you're very consistent. Every photo you post maintains a very high level of mastery and artistry.
Thanks a lot Abstraction! Very kind to say so!

Valencia 2019
Pentax 645Z 28/45

Craig Stocks

Early on the morning of February 17th the moon passed in front of Mars, completely covering it for about 75 minutes. It was positioned very low on the horizon (not good for photography) and was partially veiled by thin high clouds (also not good for photography). However I did capture Mars through the clouds just before it disappeared and again in clearer skies as it reappeared.

Phase One IQ4150, Cambo body with Canon adapter, Sky Watcher Quattro 8 inch Newtonian reflector telescope on a Celestron A-VX mount.

Attachments

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I spent this long weekend searching for a particular hidden abandoned homestead in eastern Oregon and ended up shooting 20 images but basically skunked in my endeavour. So, on the way home, I did some scouting and found this consolation prize.

Needs some editing for print later but it seemed worth a share.

GFX100, 100-200mm

PeterA

Evening walk - just another summer thunderstorm coming in from the SouthEast - caused a bit of mayhem last night

and just another bloke watching it come in..

GFX100 | GF23MM

Pete

Ed Hurst

Evening walk - just another summer thunderstorm coming in from the SouthEast - caused a bit of mayhem last night

and just another bloke watching it come in..

GFX100 | GF23MM

Pete

That was quite a night, wasn't it Pete? Sadly, I was at home with the sleeping kids (and my wife was away), so I couldn't go out storm chasing. I just sat in my upstairs bedroom with the lights off and watched the show as the whole area went through the wringer. There were surprisingly few lighting bolts that reached beneath the clouds, so I felt I got off lightly by missing the shoot. But it was something else... Major flashes in the sky every couple of seconds for over an hour. Followed by winds that battered the house like we were sitting inside a jet engine. And then it was gone, very suddenly.

And (re. your latest shot above), nice to see Manly Lagoon completely open at Queenscliff, like a little river delta (instead of the lagoon holding onto its oil and muck for months on end!).

PeterA

That was quite a night, wasn't it Pete? Sadly, I was at home with the sleeping kids (and my wife was away), so I couldn't go out storm chasing. I just sat in my upstairs bedroom with the lights off and watched the show as the whole area went through the wringer. There were surprisingly few lighting bolts that reached beneath the clouds, so I felt I got off lightly by missing the shoot. But it was something else... Major flashes in the sky every couple of seconds for over an hour. Followed by winds that battered the house like we were sitting inside a jet engine. And then it was gone, very suddenly.

And (re. your latest shot above), nice to see Manly Lagoon completely open at Queenscliff, like a little river delta (instead of the lagoon holding onto its oil and muck for months on end!).
Hi Ed ( you must know the area) yes it was a magnificent show of lightning - followed by very strong winds and rain it has been a wild weather summer this year a bit of a write off since the fires made the outside unbearable and then the storms combined with the 2.5meter King Tide - came and washed away most of Queenscliff beach and half the sand down to North Manly Club House. The lagoon is now very open and all the muck is washing into the beach area and away...beach seems to be permanently closed to swimming atm ...and I cant be bothered going out on the longboard - very crowded atm.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.