The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Morning

Went back to the last location with a neighbours daughter last night as the sun was getting low to see if it would work with as a portrait location, not too bad for a test shot, will definitely shoot here when the leaves change, should match her hair which will be nice.

dave.gt

Mat, it is really nice seeing how you work through scouting and pulling your vision together. Even preliminary shots with your motif, very interesting! Can't wait to see the Fall colors!

darr

Re: Yesterday's Sky

I will be trying to photograph the solar eclipse with film today. A partial 85% eclipse is what we are suppose to see if the clouds do not block it out.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Bonsai Rock, lake Tahoe. Lake is almost at max level, so many rocks underwater that are often exposed.

XF/IQ3 100, Phase 40-80 at 70mm, 13 secs at f/25, 6x ND, 3 stop ND grad

dave.gt

Bonsai Rock, lake Tahoe. Lake is almost at max level, so many rocks underwater that are often exposed.

XF/IQ3 100, Phase 40-80 at 70mm, 13 secs at f/25, 6x ND, 3 stop ND grad
Excellent! I love the color, composition, textures, everything!:)

D&A

Well yesterday I was presented the chance to photograph a new subject. Unfortunately they wouldn't stop moving and were in such a rush, they barely gave me 2 minutes of their time. Therefore I had to move quickly before they headed off to their next appointed rounds. It certainly was otherworldly. :) Posted here are a couple of very quick edits...all in good fun!

At Adam's Landing in South Carolina.
(Pentax 645Z; Fa 300 f4 + 1.4x with conservative crop)

Pics in order:

1. Large Corona

2. Midpoint of totality

3. Moments past totality (sometimes referred to as the diamond ring)

Last edited:

D&A

Lovely Tom, a wonderful capture, especially with the detail you captured of the corona. I too was going to take along and shoot with the Pentax 600mm f5.6 645 lens too, but had commitments afterwards where lugging such a beast of a lens would have been problematic. Anyhow they say witnessing a total eclipse is a life altering experience. What I noticed afterwards for myself were three things.

1. I immediately changed camera brand affiliation.

2. That the number of pixels a camera has is now irrelevant...only how the camera cosmetically looks as a fashion statement. :)

3. Anchovies on pizza has now become the #1 choice in toppings. In fact its the only topping thats worthwhile..LOL.

OK, here are two more images from this event. The second one with an orange filter placed over the lens...one of a number of filters I tried placing over the lens during the eclipse. I hope we all never get complacent and begin to feel "when you've seen one eclipse, you've seen them all" :)

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
M

mjr

Morning!

Nice eclipse images gents, top work!

Here's a messing about shot, it's a composite because this reindeer just wouldn't go where I wanted him too so used it as a processing exercise to get the shot I had in my mind standing there, anyway, just for fun.

dave.gt

Morning!

Nice eclipse images gents, top work!

Here's a messing about shot, it's a composite because this reindeer just wouldn't go where I wanted him too so used it as a processing exercise to get the shot I had in my mind standing there, anyway, just for fun.

Bravo!:)

Struggle is good, right?:thumbup: Great solution over the obstinance of nature...

M

mjr

Thanks Dave, I have decided that reindeer are crap models, they just don't do as they're told!

Mat

Status
Not open for further replies.