The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejpeiker

While wrapping up a shoot at Elgol on Scotland's Isle of Skye, I looked down and saw this between my tripod legs... 645DF+, IQ260, SK 80mm, ISO 50, f/16, 2.5s

SCO_Elgol10.jpg

D&A

Joe

Ever been shooting with Dave of D&A fame?
Lou, you mean like Billy the Kid fame? The only claim to fame I have in being famous is for ignoring the repeated calls to take out the garbage when told to while growing up....LOL! I was just about to post a lone tree shot too early this morning but had an unexpected flat tire to deal with. Then again its hard to surpass the artistic value of the tree shots posted here such as the one just referenced.

Oh by the way Lou, I have an article to dig out for you that I came across a month ago regarding a Virginian photographer who captures portraits of Civil War reenactors in period garb. Interesting work.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
M

mjr

Morning

We're getting some really interesting light here at the moment now we've got 24hr daylight, thick fog rolled in after a day of rain giving these fantastic colours as the sun was really low. Seems mad that I was walking on this river a few weeks ago!

Field in a Russian village where I took this weekend off. Pentax 645Z @ 55mm

_IMG6115-HDR-Pano.jpg

This image was a nightmare to work through, because due to my lack of a wide-angle, the only way I could have shot it was by doing a 24-shot composite - 4x2 panorama with 3-shot HDR, not fun on an aging iMac. Very light post work because I'm happy to just be done with it for today.

tcdeveau

Some fun from the Memorial day weekend. Finally got out and used the X1D to take pics of more than my cats! Also got to test out the 30mm which I received from a fellow forum member. Did a quick engagement shoot for some friends and got surprised with the milky way at the end of a road trip immediately after. Cameras such as the X1D may not be as versatile as 35mm, but it's certainly way more versatile than the H4D-40 I used. Forgot my tripod for the milky way shot which was challenging, but I think the X1D is suitable enough for milky way photos if you don't have anything else with you. Could benefit perhaps from a startracker, and was more difficult to focus than the A7RII because it didn't pick up as many stars to manual focus on. First shot with the 90mm, ISO 800, f3/4, milky way with the 30mm, ISO 6400, 23seconds, f3.5, last shot 30mm, ISO 800, f6.8
5-30-17_0064.jpg5-30-17_0075-Edit-2.jpg5-30-17_0082.jpg

Shashin

Spring green. Just about all our new foliage has come out. This is such a striking time of year.

Taken with an Arca Swiss P0 and an A series 120mm macro.

bcambern

Some fun from the Memorial day weekend. Finally got out and used the X1D to take pics of more than my cats! Also got to test out the 30mm which I received from a fellow forum member. Did a quick engagement shoot for some friends and got surprised with the milky way at the end of a road trip immediately after. Cameras such as the X1D may not be as versatile as 35mm, but it's certainly way more versatile than the H4D-40 I used. Forgot my tripod for the milky way shot which was challenging, but I think the X1D is suitable enough for milky way photos if you don't have anything else with you. Could benefit perhaps from a startracker, and was more difficult to focus than the A7RII because it didn't pick up as many stars to manual focus on. First shot with the 90mm, ISO 800, f3/4, milky way with the 30mm, ISO 6400, 23seconds, f3.5, last shot 30mm, ISO 800, f6.8
View attachment 127343

No tripod for 23 second exposure? Where did you set the camera? Nice result considering the circumstances!

tcdeveau

View attachment 127343

No tripod for 23 second exposure? Where did you set the camera? Nice result considering the circumstances!
I thought so too! There is a beach access point right there with a wooden staircase going down to the beach with waist/chest level handrails, and I set the camera (very precariously) on the hand rail right before the stairs go down to the beach (about 3-4 inches wide and flat) and propped up the lens with my wallet, phone, my wife's phone, and an extra battery, and hoped for the best. Didn't use remote shutter triggering either. Kept my hands near it in case it decided to fall. Should've taken a BTS pic, but I was using my phone to prop up the lens. I'm thinking I may need to invest in a platypod pro to keep in the camera bag for times like this...

stevenfr

Dogwood branch in spring with the reflection of sunset off the granite cliffs in Yosemite Valley in the Merced River.

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.