The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterA

Mmmmm Ducati!
Do you ride it Pete? I owned and rode for many years a very early 748SP, what fun, full Termi exhaust, nobody would ride behind me due to the noise!!! :thumbs:
Hi Alan - the 748SP is a great bike! Truth be told I can only manage maybe an hour on the bike before the whole knees up wrists down gets too much for my (now) older joints....Bella is consigned to looking good and the occasional track days with some mates - the days of knee down are over for me...

AlanS

Yes, growing old is a bitch! I actually found it very comfortable myself and once did just over 500miles in a day on one of our "Scotland weekends with the boys" trips! I now ride a BMW GS :cool:

PeterA

Yes, growing old is a bitch! I actually found it very comfortable myself and once did just over 500miles in a day on one of our "Scotland weekends with the boys" trips! I now ride a BMW GS :cool:
Another excellent bike - I'm thinking of buying an old pan head and doing it up in my man shed as a project - the only problem is that I foolishly told my girls, that if they ever saw me ride a Harley they would know I had totally lost it and that they should shoot me to put me out of my misery :ROTFL:

danlindberg

Ready to go! I know, I know, it is not the final image but it is 'fun' with MF and this is fun! Today it is a kitchenshoot :thumbup:

P. Chong

Composite photograph this time. The new Greubel Forsey GMT Sport is literally on fire! This watch retails at CHF 480,000 before taxes. As I understood it, all 11 of the first series in a titanium case are all spoken for.

Photographed recently with my trusty old Hasselblad H3D39 with HC4/120mm macro.

B57BB1FA-8E66-468D-9086-0C2A5008DD12.jpeg

danlindberg

Nice! What case is that and how did you do the custom foam? I'm a case fanatic and experimented with custom foam last year. Thanks for sharing, Dan.

Joe
Thanks Joe! The case is a Pelicase 520, nice size for me but on the heavy side. The foam is actually the original foam inside a paperbox when I took delivery of a Leaf Credo 60 some 8-9 years ago (when it was released). The foam fitted perfectly in the 520, but I cut it to better suit my needs. I cut it straight across and a couple of cm for the grip on the body, otherwise left as is. So this foam was not at all intended for the X1D :grin:

On the right hand side I have two more lenses, a Profoto A1 and under the A1 there are spare batteries and the remote flashtrigger. I have XCD 21+45+90 and either fits where the camera is in the foam and it is very conveniant that all lenses fits in all three places!

On assignments it is perfect, but it is too heavy and bulky for hikes.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

This is a re-processing of an image from a couple of years ago, to see if Capture One 20's superior noise handling could improve it.
The image was shot hand-held in near darkness (the Tawny Frogmouth is a nocturnal bird) at 1/25th, F2.8. ISO 12,800, IQ3-100, 80 mm. lens.
The previous version had to be converted to B&W because the noise was so bad. While this is by no means perfect, it's a lot better, even in colour. The blurring was caused by wind ruffling the feathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.