The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PAW -- Picture A Week -- Have fun!

Godfrey

Just beginning to get the hang of using the Light L16. I think this is exposure 63 I've made with it.

Light L16
ISO 750 @ f/15 @ 1/30 @ ~125mm
output: 12 Mpixel DNG original, processed in Lumen app on macOS
DNG processed in Lightroom 6.x

Note: very little post processing applied on this one, just basic tweaks and sizing.

First review impression: It's a very small, very handy thing to carry around. The fact that, in its slip case, it's only about an inch thick and just a smidge bigger in length by width than an iPhone 7 Plus makes it easy to slip into a very small bag or jacket pocket. The handling and control ergonomics are remarkably good, better than expected (particularly for an LCD only viewfinder type camera). It does its best performance at lower ISO settings (200 to 750), and fitted on a tripod if you want the ultimate 50Mpixel resolution quality. The latest firmware update has made a HUGE stride in shot to shot responsiveness, and added in-camera tone mapping for JPEG output (not used in this exposure) ... the flash works properly now too. Coming soon is "one shot HDR in-camera or in-Lumen processing. Workflow is still a bit complex, but then the Lumen app is still in beta and provides a huge range of processing options before you even get a DNG out of it. Lumen can also directly output JPEG finals but so far I'm liking the results from processing DNGs a bit more.

It's proving to be a fun and useful tool. Could become a delightful travel camera for some uses with a bit more polish. They'll get there, I expect, based on what I've seen so far. :)

enjoy!
G

camping

Godfrey
The Light camera photo does render a strange all "in focus" perspective without a vanishing point.
Interesting camera and image concept.
Thanks Paul

pegelli

It's such an improvement now that I don't have to carry around my big and clunky DSLR anymore ;)

Sony A850 + Minolta 80-200/2.8 HS G

Abstraction

A friend of mine found a rubber stamp that says: "If". She thought it was odd that someone would make a stamp that said "If", so she sent it to me and I had an idea of creating a set of portraits with the models having "If" stamped on their foreheads in poses that would either rhyme with "If" or use "If" as a common phrase.

These three are the latest in a series.

If - Grief

If - Miff

If - Spliff

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
On rare occasions, I meet extraordinary people. This week has been filled with that.

GX8 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 100mm, f/2.8 and ISO 3200

pegelli

Hadn't realized it's already two weeks since I paid my dues here :eek:

Glass bubbles

Sony A7 + Voigtlander Heliar 40/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I tried to think of something meaningful to say about this, but gave up. I guess it's called progress :loco:

GX8 with Samyang 50mm f/1.2