The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question on Using OCF

rollsman44

I sometimes bounce my Strobe off the walls/ Ceiling behind me when I shoot groups and the lighting is beautiful. Of course I use a hi ISO, about ISO 1000-1200. My questions is: What if the walls are NOT white? I am presuming that I can't use this method in that case due to possible color shift from the colored wall. Does anyone shoot this way and with a colored wall? Thank you

fotografz

I sometimes bounce my Strobe off the walls/ Ceiling behind me when I shoot groups and the lighting is beautiful. Of course I use a hi ISO, about ISO 1000-1200. My questions is: What if the walls are NOT white? I am presuming that I can't use this method in that case due to possible color shift from the colored wall. Does anyone shoot this way and with a colored wall? Thank you
Depending on how intense the color of the wall is, I would think that you could simply do a custom white balance in camera. I often use the wall behind me as a big reflector to light groups at a wedding. Most walls are muted or neutral, but some can be dark shades that reflect less light. I usually try to avoid exceeding ISO 800 because the room ambient can start influencing the WB and direction of light too much ... depending on how powerful your OCS lights are. I tend to use 500W/s or 600W/s strobes for this sort of shooting.

- Marc

rollsman44

Thank you Marc. I will stick to ISO 800 and I might have to use Soft box as some of the table shots are far from the wall and others closer to the walls. Thank you Dennis