The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica R to m43 using Mitakon Lens Turbo ii

dpal

Just bought an Olympus EM-1 per my friends' recommendation at this forum. I have a few Leica R lenses (19mm, 28mm, 50mm, 80mm and 90mm), would that work with the Mitakon Lens turbo ii for Canon eos to m43 adapter? I also have the Novoflex Leica R to Canon eos adapter.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Just bought an Olympus EM-1 per my friends' recommendation at this forum. I have a few Leica R lenses (19mm, 28mm, 50mm, 80mm and 90mm), would that work with the Mitakon Lens turbo ii for Canon eos to m43 adapter? I also have the Novoflex Leica R to Canon eos adapter.
It should work if you use both adapters. It would be interesting to see some results from using the Lens Turbo. They are much cheaper than the Speed Booster, and if it's good, it's a nice alternative.

dpal

Thank you. Just placed an order for the Lens Turbo ii, and an Olympus OM to EOS adapter. Will keep you posted on the results once I receive them.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you. Just placed an order for the Lens Turbo ii, and an Olympus OM to EOS adapter. Will keep you posted on the results once I receive them.
Please do. The way you do this would solve one of my headaches. Since There is no Lens Turbo for OM, I was considering buying the much more expensive Speed Booster for that, but by going via EOS, one can use the same Lens Turbo (or Speed Booster) for all mounts and cheap adapters from each mount to EOS. Good thinking :thumbup:

dpal

Just to update on this topic. The Mitakon Lens Turbo ii for Canon EOS turned out to be NG(no go), it was way too tight. I couldn't even turn the lenses half way. I made the mistake of ordering from a Chinese seller on eBay and had a heck of time returning it. In the meantime, I ordered a Minolta MD to m43 one from B&H, and it worked like a charm. The lenses appeared sharper with the adapter on. Of course, I have to use the sharp lenses to begin with. So I think the one I got from eBay could be defective.
I also read about a Leica R to m43 Focal Reducer from Roxsen is very good and at 1/2 of the Mitakon price, for $75.
I will post some photos taken with Mitakon later. The Roxsen will take a month from now coming from China.
Please stay tuned.:)