The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gx9

drofnad

Re: GX85, GX9, GX8 size compare

Vice the GX80/5, put in the GX7's profile which has a much nicer grip, IMO, and wish that had been restored vs. the little bump they continue.
http://camerasize.com/compare/#472,629
And I also would like the body to be weatherized to some extent.
Snowing now, in D.C. (hooray!! --a govt. shutdown that's so peaceful), but I'm out w/E-M5.1 & GX7, the latter tucked beneath coat as much as possible (its 35-100/2.8 is game, but the unweatherized body . . . it occurs to me is hardly smaller than the E-M5's --so weatherizing it ought to not make much size penalty. (I recall Jono's walk into the weather when he debuted the E-M5.1 & kit 12-50, well moistened w/o issue.)

-d.

raist3d

I don't understand so many seem to comment from the point of view as if they needed to upgrade or something.

This is a nice camera, and no, you don't have to buy it! :)

I would pick this over the PenF any day because I bet the AF is better, the sensor is pretty much the same and the usability better.

If I hadn't bought a PenF I would probably have gotten one.

- Ricardo

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I don't understand so many seem to comment from the point of view as if they needed to upgrade or something.

This is a nice camera, and no, you don't have to buy it! :)

I would pick this over the PenF any day because I bet the AF is better, the sensor is pretty much the same and the usability better.

If I hadn't bought a PenF I would probably have gotten one.

- Ricardo
Ricardo,

I must say so far I ignored the GX9, so started to read and what I find seems very interesting ... seems to be a great little camera - and cheaper than the PenF.

A bit off topic, how do you like your PenF?

Peter

raist3d

Ricardo,

I must say so far I ignored the GX9, so started to read and what I find seems very interesting ... seems to be a great little camera - and cheaper than the PenF.

A bit off topic, how do you like your PenF?

Peter
The Pen-F has to be maybe the camera I have loved and hated the most. Lovely RAW/JPEG engine. Don't like the speed of response, the AF which is worse than the EM5 MKII (and I am talking in general, do keep in mind I often do shoot at night). C-AF is a complete joke on PenF (not that I use that much).

Olympus to me has a usability problem at this point, but if you use the EVF some of it does not apply. But shooting at night with the LCD - oh man. Vs other brands- you can't tell where the damn AF square is until you pre-AF or focus. If you use the touch-AF square mode, then it's modal-exclusive with the super control panel and doesn't stick once you turn the camera off.

It's a real pity because the metering, highlights, DR, color on the PenF is really good. Best I have seen in m43rds so far personally, but ah well.

In fact, the Pen-F raws are good enough that it cures my Fuji envy (said before getting an X-E3 because hard to envy what you got :) ). The Fuji's may be still a tad better, but PenF is pretty good files.

So GX9 from the RAWS I examined from dpreview shares the same characteristics in terms of the RAWS. I would pick that over PenF any day.

- Ricardo

hot

Gx9 and cheap lenses

aperture 1.6

aperture 5.6

with macro ring for fifty cents

with flash light

hot

Comparing ultrawide lenses for mFT

Lumix GX9 with ultrawide

Meike 6.5mm / 2.0
- mFT / China --- 125€