The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 67 to Phase One XF

Phase V

Anyone tried the Fotodiox Pentax67 adapter to Mamiya 645 on a Phase One XF?

I asked Fotodiox and they told me "This will not work with the Phase One XF due to that this adapter will not fit in there mount to difference in tolerance issues".

Maybe some cutout in the adapter is needed here to do the trick?

Paul2660

Anyone tried the Fotodiox Pentax67 adapter to Mamiya 645 on a Phase One XF?

I asked Fotodiox and they told me "This will not work with the Phase One XF due to that this adapter will not fit in there mount to difference in tolerance issues".

Maybe some cutout in the adapter is needed here to do the trick?
I am sure it's the same issue that the APO lenses have on the XF, net they won't fit due to the extra pinouts on the XF. You can have the APO lenses modified by SK Grimes (or do it yourself if you have the talent), so I am sure the Fotodiox would work the same way.

Paul Caldwell

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
This was an issue that DT found early in the release of the XF and noted in our Big Buttery Bokeh article and then shared with P1 which resulted in the above-linked KB article.

In addition to SKG... The Camera Doctor NYC knows how to make this modification as they helped determine and document it in the first place, and have done it for many of our customers since.

Camera Doctor NYC