The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital back for a Bronica

JustinB

Does anyone know if there is a digital back that will work for an old Bronica SQ-A? I’d like to use it at the end of my headshots sessions. The cost of shooting with film is too high and I like instant gratification of course.

Justin

Justin Berrington Photography

fotolli

Hi Justin,

as far as I know there is no "newer" back, i.e. 22 Megapixel or more, that would mount straight to the Bronica. But Silvestri and Kapture Group have adapters to mount Hasselblad V-mount backs to the SQ-A. So you would need one of those adapters and you have a great variety of usable backs.

Hope that helps,

Oliver

Does anyone know if there is a digital back that will work for an old Bronica SQ-A? I’d like to use it at the end of my headshots sessions. The cost of shooting with film is too high and I like instant gratification of course.

Justin

Justin Berrington Photography

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
There is a very long answer. But the short answer is “no,” or at least “not one you should bother trying.”

If you love the bronica I’d ask yourself what you love about it. If it’s the rendering of the lenses, or the waist level finder, or the feeling of shooting something more substantive or working more deliberately then there are other modern medium format systems that might suit you.

It looks like you’re in the USA so if you want to play with a modern Phase One kit let us know; modern systems start around $10k and we have offices in LA and NYC and are in San Fran often (and can ship a system anywhere in USA for evaluation).