The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is it true? Fuji GFX Capture One support?

Paul2660

Would also love to see c1 add a pano creation capability similar to the one in LR. Thus you could create the pano with raw files not exported tiff.

Paul C

drevil

Staff member
How does that deal look like. We give you C1 support, you give us....? .
how about loads of fuji owners who buy c1?
i dont care what others say, P1s MF business must be shaking, they went out of the crop sensor market and focus on fullframe now. the fuji HB and also pentax offerings DO influence P1 alot.

look at the resale second hand prices of late, christopher went down to 7400euro with his iq180, and no end in sight.
i was lucky to sell my iq180, c645 mount, still in the 8k´ish area a few months ago.

P1 IS suffering in the commercial photography business for sure!

would be nice if fuji will bundle it with new MF cameras in the future.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Has anybody asked the question why aren't they doing this for the X1D?
This is an agreement between Fuji and P1. Seems logical that this involves Fuji paying a license fee since they really don’t offer a software solution for handling their files, or Fuji has something to offer phase that they were interested in in exchange. Hasselblad doesn’t need the software, and it’s pretty logical that Phase doesn’t see Fuji as a direct competitor since they don’t make FF MF like Hasselblad.

It could be much more, time will tell. We’ve seen strategic alliances in the MF market for some time which have evolved into more than anticipated. A lot can be going on behind the scenes right now.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Has anybody asked the question why aren't they doing this for the X1D?
I heard the other reasons & explanations but my view is well Doh!! Why would you ever help your main competition. I think that Fuji is a done deal - you’re not likely to buy a Fuji GFX and want to trade up to a IQ3/4 or XF - although many of us have ’lightweight’ GFX and force processing through C1 Pro. I’m not comparing my IQ3 100 to a Fuji crop DSLR/Mirrorless - If I want mirrorless off the shelf P1 back mirrorless then it’s P1 plus a tech camera.

Last edited:

Christopher

I love the decision and don’t mind the slight drop in used prices. On the other hand I’m pretty sure we are nearly at the bottom as a IQ180 will always be interesting to some users as a p45 still is. There are a few things it can do a Fuji 100 cannot and I also believe we won’t see the new GFX before June next year.

iiiNelson

Fuji won the 'super ff' game as soon as they announced the GFXS a couple of years ago. I was in a phase One dealership the other day and made the point ( again ) that Capture One is silly not opening its software up to other medium format backs and the response ( again) was a smug grin followed by (again)- if you want Capture One in MF you need to buy a Phase One back, to which I replied (again) - been there done that matey mate - never gunna happen. Fuji have also smashed Hasselblad as much because of the Capture One alliance as the fact that their total product offer, lens portfolio and development timetable is unlikely to be troubled for as long as Hasselblad insists on pushing their lens offer ( like Phase one) at prices not in line with performance.

I've been mucking around with a GFX for a couple of weeks and as an XID user am glad I am putting myself through the test and think curve. This Capture One announcement makes the decision to move to a unified shooting space as far as gear goes much more appealing the ramifications are enormous as I've also been testing Fuji X series cameras over the last couple of years - against my benchmark Leica SL. Again - the price performance differential is well in Fuji territory and I am now wondering whether a switch to Fuji X and Fuji GFX and out of everything else isn't the smartest move as far as rationalising a bloated shooting ecosystyem goes. Have a look at the just announced 200/2 Fuji X series telephoto if you want to get an idea of what Fuji has in store for SoCaNikon.

The only missing link in Capture One is a unified DAM capability ala LR - however I need to explore some construction around this . Of course this Capture One announcement might be the kick in the pants that Adobe needs to put some serious effort into their product - a product which has become increasingly less appealing with each new iteration.

CaptureOne has the ability to develop itself into a real alternative to Adobe if it chooses to go down that route (which would mean opening their software up to all camera systems and formats) - as far as their camera offer goes it will become increasingly more and more stuck in lala land- 100megapixels and IBIS for a quarter of the cost of your clunky offer Phase One - that is what Phase One and its investors have to deal with - and Phase One does not have the established user base or product spread of Leica to follow their model.

In Fuji land I can score a 100megapixelIBIS4Kcapable camera and a slew of top quality lenses for 20K. In Leica land that buys me an M10 and a Noctilux or an SL and a zoom with an adaptor for my M lenses....meanwhile Hasselblad has annoucned a few new lenses - the most interesting of which is a 90/1.2 with twin autofocus motors this lens alone will cost 3/4 of the price of a the 100GFX or more than the 50 megapixeld GFXs or R...again - forgedaboudit.

Radical price re calibrations are coming folks - and even then perhaps it wont be enough for a few companies to survive anyway.
Thats the same line of thinking I had about 6 months ago and put on the back burner cuz I got a little concerned with the long term durability/quality of Fuji X cameras as the company rapidly expands and grows. I was all set on a XH1+50-140 and GFX + 32-64 kit but the XH1 locked up on me in store. Reading on the Internet this has been a common issue with that camera for many people and I felt the CT2 was too small. I tried the XT3 a couple weeks ago and it was really good. No real issues there besides the fact I prefer the XH body. I hope they revamp the XH1 sooner rather than later because other than perceived reliability issues I liked the camera a lot.

GrahamWelland

I skipped all 35mm or smaller systems for the GFX and IQ3 100 system for my main systems. I have a Leica M10 & M246 for travel, but for the main systems it’s all ‘full frame’ or ‘crop frame’ large sensors for everything and I’m ecstatic that they all are now supported.

Will I get an IQ4 150? I don’t know. Will I get a GFX-100 - hell yes. Will I pick up an IQ3 100 achromatic? Maybe!! Heck, I can’t sell my XF and fabulous P1 glass anyway and see my signature line below :)

vjbelle

The GFX100MP is a no brainer. The IQ4-150 is a maybe at best. The Achro is a no go for me. Never going to be worth the money..... and good luck trying to find a buyer when you want out. I can put an IR filter on my GFX, bring the file into C1 and after white balancing am left with only the IR colors (green and maybe a hint of blue). Convert to BW in PS and I have a really nice IR file. Try it for yourself......

Victor

GrahamWelland

Want out? I gave up that idea a LONG time ago. My DF+ and XF gear, in particular, are a given as kit I can’t ever sell and achieve monetary value that matches the photographic value of what I already own. Heck, even the rodie lens set up on my Cambo and MFDB IQ3-100 are at an image quality level that I would struggle to match without a system with movements.

However, I’ll never say never because we mostly always want the best, not the race to the bottom of ‘good enough’ - that’s my view of things.

PeterA

I skipped all 35mm or smaller systems for the GFX and IQ3 100 system for my main systems. I have a Leica M10 & M246 for travel, but for the main systems it’s all ‘full frame’ or ‘crop frame’ large sensors for everything and I’m ecstatic that they all are now supported.

Will I get an IQ4 150? I don’t know. Will I get a GFX-100 - hell yes. Will I pick up an IQ3 100 achromatic? Maybe!! Heck, I can’t sell my XF and fabulous P1 glass anyway and see my signature line below :)
I agree with what you say re "never gunna sell because photographic utility and amenity > than Expected Return from sale and switch" - that is rational thinking 101.

PeterA

Thats the same line of thinking I had about 6 months ago and put on the back burner cuz I got a little concerned with the long term durability/quality of Fuji X cameras as the company rapidly expands and grows. I was all set on a XH1+50-140 and GFX + 32-64 kit but the XH1 locked up on me in store. Reading on the Internet this has been a common issue with that camera for many people and I felt the CT2 was too small. I tried the XT3 a couple weeks ago and it was really good. No real issues there besides the fact I prefer the XH body. I hope they revamp the XH1 sooner rather than later because other than perceived reliability issues I liked the camera a lot.
It is a sound line of thinking - Fuji is making it possible to trade up every 2 years into their latest and greatest thing without breaking a sweat - I like that value proposition!!

The H2 will incorporate phase detect positives that are now coming standard with XT3 - which doesnt have IBIS ....my main interest in APC Fuji is the new 200/2 so I susepct the best combo will end up being the H2 and the 200/2 for tele work. IN MF I'll be starting with an R and adding the 100megapixel when it comes out in 14 months time or whatever - hopefully by then Alpa will have developed a GFX sling as they have for the XID and some of my Schneiders and Rodenstocks will be usable again...no way will ever buy back into a clunky crapola so called 'digitial back ' from any maker to use on my tech gear.

I will for now stay silent on the irrational compulsion to never sell any of my Leica gear.

vjbelle

My thinking regarding all of this stuff is if you can't buy it and keep it you don't belong in this club. This is all strictly 'MAD' money. :grin:

Victor

fmueller

Good move Phase One!:salute:

I have a Credo 60, a GFX, a Leica Q and some Sony stuff. Was a bit peeved that I couldn't work everything in C1.

Thanks for fixing that, I actually feel like Phase One listened to its customers and I appreciate and won't forget that.

k-hawinkler

I am using C1 for my Sony cameras. Great results. :thumbs:
That relationship with Sony should not be affected by the Fuji deal.