The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1D or GFX lens options on Cambo Actus.

MrSmith

I’m contemplating dipping back into MFD to use with my Actus is anyone using lenses like the 45 digitar 55 sinaron digital etc with either the X1D or GFX?
I’m mostly shooting tabletop still life and currently use a A7rII.

I know the 45 will not focus at infinity or even on a tabletop set-up. Currently I use a 60 mm digitar but have to swap to a prime if I want wider but then lose the movements and a bit of quality compared to the Schneiders.

Going up in format will put me further in to the 35-40mm (35mm format) angle of view if I can use a lens of around 45-50

There is the Hblad 40 IF but that’s as much as a 50mp body and while I have a need/desire for that focal length the truth is I wouldn’t get enough use out of it. Though my sensible head says to keep looking for a bargain on the 40 and stick with the sony body.

Anyone know for definite which lenses will work on an Actus/X1D/GFX system?

daf

If you stick with the sony, you should have look at the : 45mm componon apo hm, stop down to 8/11 it is a brillant lens and i was able to shift it +/-5mm on the sony+actus with good edge shaprness, or even more but with deteriorate edges...and if used with a recessed lens board, you can focus @infinity.
Componon apo hm are supposed to be the same as digitars ... i have the 45 and 90 and both are very good.