The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Use of M lenses on Fuji GFX 50s

rga

My apologies if this has already been asked, but I would like to use my M-135/f3.4 ASPH and my 75/f2 ASPH on the GFX 50s. Does the image circle of these lenses cover the entire sensor. I believe lenses with longer focal lengths have larger image circles, but don't know if these lenses can be used without vignetting.
Thanks very much for your help,
Bob

drevil

Staff member
vignetting will be very likely with each m lens, most lenses seem to vignet even on the A7r cameras. due to sensor design

the 75mm summilux is said to cover the gfx sensor when stopped down

V

Vivek

If you remount the old Hektor 135/4.5 in a new, wider focusing helicoid, it will cover the sensor well.

It is the narrow M mount that is more of a problem.

My apologies if this has already been asked, but I would like to use my M-135/f3.4 ASPH and my 75/f2 ASPH on the GFX 50s. Does the image circle of these lenses cover the entire sensor. I believe lenses with longer focal lengths have larger image circles, but don't know if these lenses can be used without vignetting.
Thanks very much for your help,
Bob

rga

Thanks so much for the links. Very thorough and informative.
From what I see, with the Leica M 135/3.4 ASPH, the vignetting is minor and looks like it can be corrected with C1 LCC. I now understand if even processed with LCC, the edges may not be as sharp as the lens was not really built for larger than 35mm format, but seems acceptable for me.
Thanks again,
Bob