The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Hassy on the way?

SrMphoto

Although I didn't expect a firesale on X1D Bodies, I hoped to be able to pickup a new, late production date X1D Body at the old B&H Street Price as a spare. I guess now I will be "forced" into buying a X2D at $10K (?) when it becomes available. I would not want a refurb X1d unless it had a full 1 year factory warranty instead f their usual 6 month refurb warranty. I
guess Hasselblad was clever in forcing the prices up on the X1D before announcement of the the replacement.
Apparently you can still buy a new X1D directly from Hasselblad. Has anyone done it recently?

fotophil

Apparently you can still buy a new X1D directly from Hasselblad. Has anyone done it recently?
Based upon the $9000 price tag that the Hasselblad Store is charging for a new X1D I suspect most potential X1D customers are waiting for the release of the Mark 2.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
There's a lot of idioms that mean something fundamentally different, sometimes even directly opposite of, their original meaning. For example "Blood is thicker than water" has been shortened over time from "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb." which totally reverses its meaning.
Shakespeare wrote* that "all that glisters is not gold" but you'd be looked at strangely if you said that (rather than "glitters") at a party or in an ad for diamonds. Things change. Words mean what we collectively mean them to mean**.

*Not the first to use the phrase or something like it, but most famously

**An example of "begging the question" :)

LonnaTucker

I also read the GFX adaptor solely for the bellows macro solution.

I was intrigued when I saw the lack of grip on the 50R, however, I understand that the Fuji has a longer flange focal distance compared to the X1D.
I recently saw the prototype GFX adapter for the Arca-Swiss Rm3di. Due to the Arca-Swiss modular design, the same adapter can fit to Arca 6x9 view cameras and with a bayonet adapter the R-lenses can mount to their view cameras. The Arca-Swiss GFX adapter has a rotating feature with a detent for horizontal and vertical stops, that is really nice. I currently use the Arca Rotamount, but it has to be removed for the flange focal distance to work out with a GFX as digital back.

Existing Rm3di users like me need to have each of their R-lenses measured for a new lens tube to match the GFX FFD. My SK 60 and ROD 90 can be mounted, my ROD40 cannot unfortunately. However, the Arca solution for GFX and wide angle is with their Canon adapter kit for R-line and Canon lensboard.

stngoldberg

I recently saw the prototype GFX adapter for the Arca-Swiss Rm3di. Due to the Arca-Swiss modular design, the same adapter can fit to Arca 6x9 view cameras and with a bayonet adapter the R-lenses can mount to their view cameras. The Arca-Swiss GFX adapter has a rotating feature with a detent for horizontal and vertical stops, that is really nice. I currently use the Arca Rotamount, but it has to be removed for the flange focal distance to work out with a GFX as digital back.

Existing Rm3di users like me need to have each of their R-lenses measured for a new lens tube to match the GFX FFD. My SK 60 and ROD 90 can be mounted, my ROD40 cannot unfortunately. However, the Arca solution for GFX and wide angle is with their Canon adapter kit for R-line and Canon lensboard.
This information is off huge interest to me and I am sure to others.
I would appreciate as much additional information as possible whenever it become available
Stanley

bab

Let’s hope H releases the old concept box shown a few years ago and goes back to a square format. This format plays well in today’s digital world and would hit a real niche market!

algrove

Fuji showed a prototype in a square looking body few months ago hinting at a square sensor. Even if they took the 100MP sensor and made it square it would still be around 75MP

SrMphoto

Although I didn't expect a firesale on X1D Bodies, I hoped to be able to pickup a new, late production date X1D Body at the old B&H Street Price as a spare. I guess now I will be "forced" into buying a X2D at $10K (?) when it becomes available. I would not want a refurb X1d unless it had a full 1 year factory warranty instead f their usual 6 month refurb warranty. I
guess Hasselblad was clever in forcing the prices up on the X1D before announcement of the the replacement.
New X1Ds are again available at B&H:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1260272-REG/hasselblad_h_3013901_x1d_50c_medium_format_mirrorless.html

dave.gt

Years ago, I watched television but not anymore for many reasons. One show that captured my attention was Miami Vice, the classic show with Don Johnson. It was flashy, and addicting on itself as we watched the show each week and learned of the nether world of drug addiction and crime.:watch:

Do I remember watching episodes where drug dealers would use different tactics to keep their victims on the hook? Nothing like the supply drying up for awhile and then re-emerging.:):):)

Dante probably had something to do with the absence of X cameras from Hasselblad.:ROTFL:

Hope everyone is enjoying the change of Seasons and looking forward to the weekend. May you have the best of light, good health and your camera of choice with you at all times.

Last edited:

dave.gt

They did the same thing with the CFV-50c. I wouldn't look for the X1D to be offered for very long.
Yes, that would appear to be the case. I am certainly curious and looking forward to seeing what they have been up to.:thumbup:

fotophil

With the new B & H X1D Pricing of $8995 it appears that Hasseblad has redefined the street price of the X1D to match the price on the Hasselblad Store. Perhaps this was in response to complaints from some of their smaller dealers since the previous low X1D price around $6495 was unique to the larger dealers. In general the major camera manufactures have been successful in maintaining fairly rigid price controls.

It is also possible that Hasselblad wants to avoid a price war with Fuji and plans to sell the X2D System at a higher tier than the Fuji GFX100 System based upon perceived differences in functionality and aesthetics of the two systems.

Last edited:

bab

With the new B & H X1D Pricing of $8995 it appears that Hasseblad has redefined the street price of the X1D to match the price on the Hasselblad Store. Perhaps this was in response to complaints from some of their smaller dealers since the previous low X1D price around $6495 was unique to the larger dealers. In general the major camera manufactures have been successful in maintaining fairly rigid price controls.

It is also possible that Hasselblad wants to avoid a price war with Fuji and plans to sell the X2D System at a higher tier than the Fuji GFX100 System based upon perceived differences in functionality and aesthetics of the two systems.
X1D mkii

dave.gt

Anticipation is half the fun, right?:)

While Nikon is expanding on the "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" marketing of DSLRs (i.e.-"just right" size products with three sizes) with a mirrorless system, demographics are changing. Hasselblad has only two bears.

One wonders when they will expand to Goldilocks, but right now, I would be happy with the new 100mp X camera debut. It surely will not be much longer before we hear if the announcement. April is almost here.:):):)