The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Official Phase One IQ4 150 Firmware 1.03.26 Details from CI

trond

Very slow firmware update. Be aware...

I've done this many many times, on Phase and other cameras, but this is easily the slowest and longest one ever.
Took 12-15 minutes to complete, including a long period when nothing appears to be happening at all. Just wait. it will come back to life.

Some useful improvements, but still no 'ready' beep for exposure complete. wtf? How hard is it to carry over the basic functions the IQ3 had?
I just updated the FW on my IQ 4 150 (DB only).

It went smoothly and took just short of four minutes.

Is the 12-15 minutes with the XF included?

Best regards

Trond

narikin

I just updated the FW on my IQ 4 150 (DB only).

It went smoothly and took just short of four minutes.

Is the 12-15 minutes with the XF included?

Best regards

Trond
Yes both together, IQ4 on XF, as Phase suggest.
glad to hear yours was quicker.

Steve Hendrix

Thanks Steve.

I was swiping down, but not scrolling.

Paul C

On a related note, if you swipe down to view the Status Menu, if you press any of those sections, it takes you to the related controls for that section in the main menu. Tapping Battery Status takes you to Power Management, Tapping XQD Card Presence takes you to Storage Setup, etc. I don't see this in the manual- it may be in there somewhere - but it is one of those things that one could miss if you didn't know about it.

Steve Hendrix/CI

DaveRosenthal

A much-appreciated bonus feature of this FW that I don't recall being mentioned: USB-C charging is now practical. Before, plugging the camera into USB-C barely charged the battery because the 10-12W from USB basically just went to powering the back. Now, if you power off with USB-C plugged in, the back light turns orange and charging continues (at 5W, but without the parasitic power draw from the back). Also note that plugging USB-C into the camera while it is off doesn't initiate charging.

Anyway, I love this because I can now come back from using the camera and just set it down, plug it in, turn it off and be ready to go next time without worrying about always swapping out for a fresh set of batteries.

Jeffrey

I have only tech camera with me at the moment and it seems like I can not update the new firmware to my IQ4 without the XF body, is that correct?
I would really appreciate your answers.
Best
Ziya
I too have only a tech camera . If you set up a password code (4 digits) on the back, the firmware will not update until you enter the password code and unlock the back. I found out the hard way! After entering the code, the firmware update took just a few minutes.

algrove

Thanks Jeffery
I never heard of this feature until now.

One surprise-is there actually a manual now?

Lou

drunkenspyder

Yeah, there’s been a manual at least since I got my IQ4 late last year, and it was updated with this latest firmware. Pretty sure there was and still is an integrated manual for the XF/Trichro model as well. And they’re pretty good, too. Much better than their counterparts in the Nikon world for example.

algrove

I own 2 IQ3100 DB's (color and Achromatic) and neither came with a back Manual just a small XF Manual. Had to learn somewhat from my P45+ experiences and then adapt to new IQ3's.

Dadbod

No heat map has always been a question for me. It's a feature that I feel will be even more appreciated as the IQ4 seems considerably warmer to me in ambient temps of 30 to 65 degrees F, I still wonder what happens in 100% humidity and 100 degree heat?

Paul C

Has anyone else experienced the extra heat coming off the IQ4? I was shooting in the studio today and noticed it for sure. Is it really much warmer to the touch when shooting vs. the IQ3? I do remember the IQ3 heating up when live view was on sometimes. Is this something to be concerned about?

Thank you,

Forrest

Paul2660

Fully agree, it gets warmer than the IQ3 with normal use. And if you use a lot of Live View it gets warm pretty quick and stays that way. There is a heat gauge similar to the one the IQ3 had, swipe down from the top on main screen then scroll down. So far mine has been within the normal range even though it feels warmer.

There have been a few reports of backs that have shut off due to heat, one on this site. That was a Dec ship, with 1st release firmware. Not sure if that photographer has seen similar shut downs since updating to later firmware.

However in Arkansas in July, with 105 degree outdoor temps, and 100% humidity, I am worried for sure that heat will become an issue. If not a shut down, then image noise degradation for sure. Only time will tell if P1 may have stayed with the current IQ box one too many backs.

Paul C