The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Adapter(s) to Hasselblad X1D

Gbealnz

Looking for adapters to mount legacy lenses to the Hasselblad X1D camera.
I'd like to try my R lenses at least and/or my V system lenses.
They're available via e bay but I thought I'd try here first.
Gary

Gbealnz

Thank you for all the replies. I have been able to borrow one locally and this will satisfy the curiosity for a while.

Gbealnz

Regurgitating this thread, if anyone has an adapter to mount the Hasselblad V series lenses to the X1D camera?
Gary

Gbealnz

Thank you for the suggestion Godfrey, and in the end it's likely that is what will happen. Just being frugal at this stage.
Gary

Godfrey

:)

I'm interested to know how your R lenses work on the X1D sensor, if you are trying them out. I have a nice kit of R lenses and, if I buy either an X1D or CFV50c II + 907x, I'd love to put them to use on that sensor.

(I have all three-cam or older R lenses: 15/3.5, 19/2.8v1, 50/2, 50/1.4, 60/2.8 macro, 90/2, 100/4 macro w bellows, 135/2.8, and 180/4.)

thx!
G

Gbealnz

That's the plan Godfrey, although I only have the Summicron triplets, 35/50/90 from the Leicaflex SL.
My understanding is that anything under 50mm is not going to work as good as most want, but I want to try this for myself anyway.
I'm even happy to "go square" and eliminate the vignetting, I like the square.
The M lenses would be nicer, as they are smaller, usually lighter, and the adapter is "thinner" making for a more compact package.
I'll e mail you with what I find, once my R adapter is here.
Gary

Godfrey

That's the plan Godfrey, although I only have the Summicron triplets, 35/50/90 from the Leicaflex SL.
My understanding is that anything under 50mm is not going to work as good as most want, but I want to try this for myself anyway.
I'm even happy to "go square" and eliminate the vignetting, I like the square.
The M lenses would be nicer, as they are smaller, usually lighter, and the adapter is "thinner" making for a more compact package.
I'll e mail you with what I find, once my R adapter is here.
Gary
Thanks! I look forward to seeing what you discover. :)

In general, I've found that R lenses are better performers in adaptation than M lenses, likely due to the longer mount register. I also find I like their controls better when used with EVF cameras ... M lenses are designed for a somewhat different, RF camera ergonomic and, to me, often feel awkward on a TTL camera. But whatever works, works: I have a good selection of both M and R lenses to play with should I get an X1D or 907x+CFV50cII.

It's all good! :D

G