The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Hasselblad Special Edition!!!

phOtOny teXas

How did this happen...?
I put the Special Edition in my B&H My Cart and mysteriously it appeared as a purchase...hummmm:cool::rolleyes:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Oops - I just accidentally ordered one :thumbs:
Demon 1: We increased his MFDB to 150 MP and he wouldn't bite.
Demon 2: We increased his backup system to 100 MP. No dice.
Demon 1: I know! How about a really pretty design with NO improved specs?
Demon 2: Mwahahah! You're a genius!

Shashin

Demon 1: We increased his MFDB to 150 MP and he wouldn't bite.
Demon 2: We increased his backup system to 100 MP. No dice.

I am always tryin' to put the super in superficial!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Demon 1: We increased his MFDB to 150 MP and he wouldn't bite. Not yet ... :p
Demon 2: We increased his backup system to 100 MP. No dice. Not yet ... :sleep:
:loco:

Shashin

Well, it seems that Hasselblad recovered from their other space-themed cameras. The Lunar and Stella did not create such enthusiasm. Which is strange as all have Sony sensors.

GrahamWelland

Lunar and Stella - ugh. You just reminded me of a period in Hasselblad’s history that needed expunging from my memory, almost as much as most of Chris Bangle’s design work for BMW.

Shashin

Can you imagine the product meeting for this camera when someone suggested, "I know, lets do a moon edition..." :bugeyes:

mristuccia

I proudly wait for the coming back of the (CF)V systems in the "Fun with MF images" thread. I feel a little bit alone in the field right now facing the Fujifilm and P1 crowd with all those spectacular images. I need your help and your skills guys! :)

GrahamWelland

Demon 1: We increased his MFDB to 150 MP and he wouldn't bite. This one may well be resolved in a few weeks ;) Dante may have got to me.
Demon 2: We increased his backup system to 100 MP. No dice. This one I’m happy to hold off of as the GFX50s is still awesome.
See above. But I’m still looking forward to the 907X special edition as it gives me so much flexibility - XPan lenses, V lenses, X lenses plus I can use it on my Actus DB2 and also any traditional V camera since 1957. (I wish I’d kept my 503CXi now!)

dave.gt

See above. But I’m still looking forward to the 907X special edition as it gives me so much flexibility - XPan lenses, V lenses, X lenses plus I can use it on my Actus DB2 and also any traditional V camera since 1957. (I wish I’d kept my 503CXi now!)
Sigh... me, too...:(

MGrayson

Graham,

Good Lord, you have nothing you need to explain! I was having a bit of fun (at your expense. Sorry.) Mostly to show that specs aren’t what make a system desirable. I think the unique combination of beauty and versatility has grabbed all of us.

:chug:

Matt

MrSmith

i don't care what it looks like. if it means i can stick it on my actus and get a wider field of view with my digitars and use a 45mm or 35mm without lens cast issues (not sure about this yet) and it doesn’t involve a sharp intake of breath hitting the buy button then i’m considering it.

Sony have just announced the A7rIV which muddles the waters for me. it purely comes down to what makes sense for my business and leaves the most funds in the bank.

dave.gt

For me, being the romanticist that I am, the design and beauty means a lot!

Hasselblad has created BOTH, functional and beautiful cameras once again! There is no reason not to have both especially with the history and design inspiration that is exclusive to Hasselblad!!!

Love it! Thank you Hasselblad!:thumbup:

Shashin

Now, if it only came with a moon rock key chain...

But it is a fine looking camera that offers something unique in the digital camera world and a great deal of flexibility.

MGrayson

Now, if it only came with a moon rock key chain...

But it is a fine looking camera that offers something unique in the digital camera world and a great deal of flexibility.
Actually, the lack of pretentious special edition features is one of its main attractions. No fake brassing or celebrity signatures. No mission emblem. Just a very attractive design and a bit of innocuous text.

cabbage

Leica is also unable to ship enough of their Q2-s, neither.
This is standard operating procedure for Leica. It will take a while before supply catches up with demand. Leica seems to make a conservative guess on demand and produce at a pleasant place (for them). See M10 sales. It took forever for the cameras to get to a point where you could just order one.

tcdeveau

FYI I reached out to RRS to see if they had plans to make an L plate for this guy, and their response was the engineers were unsure at this point. If anyone is interested in a RRS plate for the 907x/CFVII maybe reach out to them to let them know there’s demand....

Definitely thinking about canceling my 35-75mm XCD order and picking up a 907x/CFVII instead....can’t make up my mind regarding special edition or wait to see the price for the regular one

dave.gt

FYI I reached out to RRS to see if they had plans to make an L plate for this guy, and their response was the engineers were unsure at this point. If anyone is interested in a RRS plate for the 907x/CFVII maybe reach out to them to let them know there’s demand....

Definitely thinking about canceling my 35-75mm XCD order and picking up a 907x/CFVII instead....can’t make up my mind regarding special edition or wait to see the price for the regular one
Chrome for me!!!:):):)

In my dreams...