The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SWA with very light wood handles

jodad

Hello GDPI friends.
i consider to buy a Alpa swa from a retired local photographer not far from me in indonesia but there is something usuaual.
The handles on the camera he says are original handles but i have never seen handles that colour, they are very light in colour like attachment.
Do you know anything about this?

Attachments

PeterA

Hello GDPI friends.
i consider to buy a Alpa swa from a retired local photographer not far from me in indonesia but there is something usuaual.
The handles on the camera he says are original handles but i have never seen handles that colour, they are very light in colour like attachment.
Do you know anything about this?
Yes handles in this wood and finish were standard options from Alpa.

jodad

Yes handles in this wood and finish were standard options from Alpa.
I guess this is a VERY old version then because i have not seen one like this on google when i search for the swa...

Do you think it matters if it is very old compered to newer models? I know there was very recent "upgrade" (1or2 years back) adding an extra threaded hole on the top where the VF screws in but other than that i think no other changes.

Are there things i should check when i go back to make sure everything works well because i think CLA on this camera could be VERY expensive and replacement parts like back etc are also very expensive...

tcdeveau

I guess this is a VERY old version then because i have not seen one like this on google when i search for the swa...

Do you think it matters if it is very old compered to newer models? I know there was very recent "upgrade" (1or2 years back) adding an extra threaded hole on the top where the VF screws in but other than that i think no other changes.

Are there things i should check when i go back to make sure everything works well because i think CLA on this camera could be VERY expensive and replacement parts like back etc are also very expensive...
FYI Alpa has a very reasonable “clean and check” program for their cameras:

https://www.alpa.ch/en/article/check-and-clean-stc-swa

They’ll look over the camera and bring it up to spec for about $250 USD