The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PhaseOne back with a Hasselblad H5D

I have a Hasselblad H5D-40. Can I pair a PhaseOne IQ back with the H5D body or do I need a H4X or similar body?

Any tips will be much appreciated!

Cheers
Ray

Steve Hendrix

I have a Hasselblad H5D-40. Can I pair a PhaseOne IQ back with the H5D body or do I need a H4X or similar body?

Any tips will be much appreciated!

Cheers
Ray

Hi Ray - any Phase One digital back will require a Hasselblad H1/H2/H4X/H5X/H6X camera for Hasselblad H companionship.

Any H_D camera will only be compatible with (certain) Hasselblad digital backs.

Steve Hendrix/CI

cerett

Hi Ray - any Phase One digital back will require a Hasselblad H1/H2/H4X/H5X/H6X camera for Hasselblad H companionship.

Any H_D camera will only be compatible with (certain) Hasselblad digital backs.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Have the communication issues between the Phase digital backs and Hasselblad camera bodies been completely resolved? In the past this was a problem and talking to either company for resolution really went no where. This is why I went to a fully integrated system.

Steve Hendrix

Have the communication issues between the Phase digital backs and Hasselblad camera bodies been completely resolved? In the past this was a problem and talking to either company for resolution really went no where. This is why I went to a fully integrated system.

You'd have to be specific to what communication issue you are referring to. I have many clients who use Phase One digital backs and Hasselblad H cameras without issue. We also successfully rent these combos out on a regular basis.

Steve Hendrix/CI

cerett

You'd have to be specific to what communication issue you are referring to. I have many clients who use Phase One digital backs and Hasselblad H cameras without issue. We also successfully rent these combos out on a regular basis.

Steve Hendrix/CI
This was quite some time ago when I had an H2 and P45+ back. I don't remember specifics, but it was very frustrating at the time. I am happy to know that these issues have been resolved. Thanks.

Steve Hendrix

This was quite some time ago when I had an H2 and P45+ back. I don't remember specifics, but it was very frustrating at the time. I am happy to know that these issues have been resolved. Thanks.
Good to know, thank you Martin.

Steve Hendrix/CI