The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H&Y Filter System with a Technical Camera

Qamaro

Hi Guys,

It never fails but I see something shiny, new, innovative on this site, then some weeks later find myself with something new in my kit.

That being said - I had a question, I noticed that the filter frames have 3M backing tape and looks like we are supposed to peel these off. Under this tape is a sticky cushion, I'm not sure I like the sound of anything sticking to my filters - just in case I want to pull them out and go with another system at some other time. So, my question is did you guys peel the tape and allow the adhesive for mounting or did you leave the tape on and mount your filters. If the question has been asked prior just point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

-Marq

dchew

Hi Marq,
The adhesive is just on the very edge (2mm edge of the filter). I also don’t think it is very aggressive adhesive. I doubt it would transfer to the filter, and if it did a little goo gone would easily remove it.

Dave

Qamaro

Thanks for the reply Dave - I got over my initial apprehension and decided to loaded some Contrast filters into the 4x4 frames to test out. Seems to be fine, noticed when I had to reseat one of the filters that the adhesive, as you state, wasn't very strong. So, far so good! :thumbs:

kdphotography

:ROTFL:

Wine Country definitely is easier to use/install the filter holders.

The hammer works great when it doesn't go so well with the H&Y ;)

Don Libby

As much of a PIA it was to properly insert the filters in the H&Y holders (it really wasn't that much super glue but I understand it was a rather large hammer) the system works great and is much smaller to pack than the Wine Country.

It appears that Ken and I are airing each other dirty secrets :watch:.

Don Libby

Sawzall - check
Superglue - check
Hammer - check

Next stop is The Home Depot for camera supplies :bugeyes:

kdphotography

Or a Sawzall. Just ask Dave Chew. :ROTFL:
This is the level I aspire to, but still lack the experience and dedication of a true master.

And the balls. I forgot to mention those huge manly balls of steel that provide balance and steady hands.

:ROTFL: