The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

TechArt EF to GFX Adapter with GFX 100

eisbaer

Hi,

I have rented a GFX100 over the weekend as I am thinking about buying it because of the IBIS. Now I noticed that my TechArt EF to GFX Adapter which works great on my GFX50s, locks the Aperture at the smallest Aperture (b.e. 22 or 32) of each lens.
I searched the net and found only one other user in the Facebook Fuji GFX User Group, who said that the Techart Adapter doesn't work with the GFX 100 together with the Sigma 40mm 1.4 Art Lens. But no mentions of other lenses.
Does somebody in this Forum has an experience with this combination?

Thanks
Frank

Quentin_Bargate

Hi there

I do, and my experience is the same as yours.

I still have my Cambo adapter that I purchased a GFX50s. It has no electrical conmection to the camera body so I am hopeful it will work. I will check to see if it does when I return home from my current trip.

eisbaer

Hi there

I do, and my experience is the same as yours.
Ok, thanks, that saves me hours of testing. And as the last firmware update for the Techart Adapter is from 2018 and all links to docs and firmware on the Techart website are broken, I doubt that they will make it work.. But they are still selling it..
Strange people.

Arne Hvaring

Hi, I am using the Techart adapter on my GFX 100 without issues. So far I have used it with the 17mm and 24mm T/S lenses, the 1,4 35mm II, the 40 mm pancake and they all work as advertised. Even the 90mm Tamron Macro works well, somewhat surprising. AF hunts a bit, but is otherwise ok. I have a few more Canon lenses to test as time allows, so we'll see if any issue pops up.
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Cheers
Arne

Arne Hvaring

Do you know which firmware you have?

Thanks
Frank
Sorry, there was no information supplied, not a scrap of paper, just the box. But I got it only a couple of months ago, so I guess it has the latest firmware installed.

Cheers
Arne

gusmcewan

Same experience here. Techart is a no go with GFX 100 - firmware of Techart is 2.0

Hi,

I have rented a GFX100 over the weekend as I am thinking about buying it because of the IBIS. Now I noticed that my TechArt EF to GFX Adapter which works great on my GFX50s, locks the Aperture at the smallest Aperture (b.e. 22 or 32) of each lens.
I searched the net and found only one other user in the Facebook Fuji GFX User Group, who said that the Techart Adapter doesn't work with the GFX 100 together with the Sigma 40mm 1.4 Art Lens. But no mentions of other lenses.
Does somebody in this Forum has an experience with this combination?

Thanks
Frank

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Techart on GFX 100 - IBIS behaves badly - have to turn it off. Not a problem, as I only use the 24 TS-E, but still... No problem with aperture, etc..

Matt

bshigeta

Has anyone else introduced an EF to GFX adapter that is compatible with the GFX 100? The IBIS issue is annoying and ruins images every time I forget to turn it off switching between GF lenses and Canon TSE lenses. And in the most recent GFX update I noticed that switching a lens without turning off the camera first will cause turn on the SS to lock. Potentially a real hassle if you changed your Fn buttons around.