The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX 50R High speed flash settings

felix5616

How do I set up my Fuji GFX 50R to use high speed flash with Godox strobes? Di i simply set the camera to use the electronic shutter, or is there more setting?

Pelorus

From page 211 of my version of the user manual:

Control flash timing.
• H (1ST CURTAIN): The flash fires immediately after the shut-
ter opens (generally the best choice).
• I (2ND CURTAIN): The flash fires immediately before the
shutter closes.
• R (AUTO FP(HSS)): High-speed sync (compatible units only).
The camera automatically engages front-curtain high- speed sync at shutter speeds faster than the flash sync speed. Equivalent to 1ST CURTAIN when MULTI is selected for flash control mode.
Probably easiest to review the details on pp 210 and 211. I found them by searching 'HSS'. If you don't have a copy of the manual it can be downloaded here.

<edit> Just to be clear...the settings are made on the flash unit and the camera set to the desired shutter speed as far as I can tell.
Kind regards
Mike

How do I set up my Fuji GFX 50R to use high speed flash with Godox strobes? Di i simply set the camera to use the electronic shutter, or is there more setting?