The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RZ67II(non D) and DM33 - any experiences, tips, etc?

buggz

I would like to know if/what expensive adapter,
and cables needed to mount and use a DM33 digital back with my existing RZ67II (non D).
Thanks!

buggz

Well, hopefully not too long from now, if the deals go through...
I will have a DM33 digital back and a Leaf Mamiya RZ67 Digital Back Adapter.
Now for batteries and cables...

The batteries for the DM33 in the photos I see, look to be Sony type NPF batteries.
Is this true?

steve_cor

It uses a Samsung SB-L160 battery. Try to find 2350 mAh batteries. There are some cheap ones with only 1800 mAh. You don't want those.

--Steve.

buggz

Possibly will need the Mamiya Camera control cable for Aptus-Mamiya RZ — 216-00128 ?

Looks like this is difficult to find.

Oh, special order from B&H, $180, ouch...

Anyone know of any other place to get this cable?

buggz

Or, maybe not...

"Mamiya Camera Control Cable allows remote firing of the camera from the computer keyboard,
when used in FireWire tethered configuration.
The cable is for use with Mamiya DM digital backs on Mamiya RZ and RZ Pro II cameras.
The cable runs from the accessory socket on the camera to the accessory socket on the digital back."

I guess not required, but would be nice to have?

Possibly will need the Mamiya Camera control cable for Aptus-Mamiya RZ — 216-00128 ?

Looks like this is difficult to find.

Oh, special order from B&H, $180, ouch...

Anyone know of any other place to get this cable?

buggz

Your searches are better than the results I obtain.
Thanks!

I have been told, "the cable is in the box with the adpater plate."

This is going to rock.
I can now go back to using my light meter and slowing down in general.
This is good...

Here it says you need a matching focusing screen to give you the proper framing guidelines and a matching sync cord to connect the digital back and camera body.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/839406-REG/Mamiya_518_02213A_RZ_I_F_Leaf_Aptus_AII.html

--Steve.

Steve Hendrix

Your searches are better than the results I obtain.
Thanks!

I have been told, "the cable is in the box with the adpater plate."

This is going to rock.
I can now go back to using my light meter and slowing down in general.
This is good...

FYI - in case the cable breaks (the standard sync cable, not the motor drive control cable), it's a $20 replacement cable, if you can find them. We have them.

Keep in mind those batteries - they are available in even larger amp ratings, and because they are not enclosed, the only harm is the battery will hang down further... but on an RZ, maybe not such a big deal if your tripod head doesn't get in the way. Standard 2350mAh SBL-160 batteries last a couple hours. How about 4-5 hours?

https://www.amazon.com/Amsahr-S-SBL...s=samsung+sbl-480&qid=1580157103&sr=8-1-fkmr1

Steve Hendrix/CI

buggz

Thank you for this information.
I am getting one standard "real" battery with the DM33 back.
I will look into these new battery options.

FYI - in case the cable breaks (the standard sync cable, not the motor drive control cable), it's a $20 replacement cable, if you can find them. We have them.

Keep in mind those batteries - they are available in even larger amp ratings, and because they are not enclosed, the only harm is the battery will hang down further... but on an RZ, maybe not such a big deal if your tripod head doesn't get in the way. Standard 2350mAh SBL-160 batteries last a couple hours. How about 4-5 hours?

https://www.amazon.com/Amsahr-S-SBL...s=samsung+sbl-480&qid=1580157103&sr=8-1-fkmr1

Steve Hendrix/CI

buggz

What's the best sensor cleaning method and product for use with digital backs?
This is kinda crazy, it seems it's always exposed?

buggz

Received adapter plate today.
Quick test on a super dreary day.
RZ67 II - 110/2.8 - ISO 50 - 4sec.
L_001113-resized.jpg

Last edited: