The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Excellent article about Printing

MartinN

Yes, I bought my Epson 3880 after reading the Northlight review.
But this article highlight a nice range of sales BS that is inherent in the photo equipment business.
I agree on almost everything! Could be my personal opinions. This is what a commercialized biased reviewer can't say. So nice to hear some honest talk sometimes. Thanks.

DannyPhilips

Thank you for the article! I really liked the phrase in this article, "There is something very different about a printed image that you just don't get with a view on a screen." I totally agree with that. I think it's only in a printed version that you can fully immerse yourself in the image and share it with your friends.

DougDolde

The problem with paper prints is you need to mat and frame them under glass or acrylic.

I no longer do this. It may be traditional but I much prefer metal prints, face mounts, direct UV prints on acrylic or even canvas wraps.