The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon 8-15mm on Fuji GFX?

gerald.d

Hi all -

Has anyone shot the Canon 8-15mm on a Fuji GFX?

I'm interested to see what it looks like at 15mm.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

bshigeta

I'm curious about this as well. I wanted to create some 360 HDRI maps for rendering. The only other option I know of is the Entaniya 220, but I can't get to Japan at the moment to test it.

DaveS

Hi, not that lens, so slightly off topic, but I have been having a lot of fun adapting tons of lenses to the X1Dii, the following are two fisheye test shots.

One is the Canon FD 15mm F2.8 SSC, the other is the Olympus OM 16mm F3.5. The Canon has a baffling inside the lens, which you can see clearly on the edges, the Olympus is just round. It is also interesting to see the big difference 1mm wider makes on the Canon. I have tried about 50 lenses so far, but these are the only two fisheyes I have.

Looking at the original shots at 100% the Canon seems a bit sharper, but both are really crisp.

Dave
Canon FD 15mm F2-8 SSC Fisheye.jpgOlympus OM 16mm Fisheye F3-5.jpg

DaveS

Oops..... RE: "It is also interesting to see the big difference 1mm wider makes on the Canon."

The Olympus is actually wider, partly due to the baffling on the Canon.

Dave

drevil

Staff member
Oops..... RE: "It is also interesting to see the big difference 1mm wider makes on the Canon."

The Olympus is actually wider, partly due to the baffling on the Canon.

Dave
in the areas where you dont have the lens hood, you can see that the canon is a bit wider actually