The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

907x 50c now available

glennedens

Joe, thank you for the very kind words, and taking time to look at the drawings - they were done when I was 13 to 17. They bring a lot of emotions to me every time I look at the originals, many of them were part of a NASA sponsored art exhibit that toured the country circa 1973-1975 or so. One was lost in that exhibit so that's why one is an odd old xerographic copy (the two astronauts at Surveyor) - which was one of my favorites.

So you can appreciate my attachment to the 907x Special Edition :)

Thank you and kind regards, Glenn

Glenn, your NASA drawings are awesome. The detail and perspective are amazing. I'm a big fan of NASA and the space program too and have a friend who photographed the shuttle launches. I forwarded the link to your drawings to him. They brought a tear to my eye and a smile to my face. And to my wife as well. Thanks for sharing this facet of your immense talent.

Joe

Steve Hendrix

Joe, thank you for the very kind words, and taking time to look at the drawings - they were done when I was 13 to 17. They bring a lot of emotions to me every time I look at the originals, many of them were part of a NASA sponsored art exhibit that toured the country circa 1973-1975 or so. One was lost in that exhibit so that's why one is an odd old xerographic copy (the two astronauts at Surveyor) - which was one of my favorites.

So you can appreciate my attachment to the 907x Special Edition :)

Thank you and kind regards, Glenn

Glen, you were 13 - 17 years old when you drew those?

Even more impressive. I love them, I'm a big space nut.

You don't even want to know what I was doing between the ages of 13 - 17...

Steve Hendrix/CI

B L

A new 'blad makes all fans very glad.
But can beat one blad thats our friend Godfrey's blad.

Sailronin

Put my order in this morning with Hasselblad store....said should ship the end of August.
This will replace my Leaf 75s for my 503cw and SWC, plus eventually I might pop for the 45m f4 XCD lens. But for now this will work great on my existing 500 series kit.

Anybody want to buy a good Leaf???

glennedens

Thank you Steve, your teen age years might have been more exciting :)

Glen, you were 13 - 17 years old when you drew those?

Even more impressive. I love them, I'm a big space nut.

You don't even want to know what I was doing between the ages of 13 - 17...

Steve Hendrix/CI

D&A

Glenn, as others have expressed, your drawings are both an inspiration and a catalyst for bringing back fond memories of the earlier days at NASA. I too was a big space buff, listening to my tiny portable transistor radio hidden in my elementary school bag of the early Mercury launches (also did the same when listening to the World Series in those days until the teacher caught me doing so :)). I used to attempt to draw the curvature of the moon in the upper right hand corner on drawing paper and the curvature of the earth at the lower left hand corner showing the the Mercury-Redstone launch vehicle blasting off. My drawings were quite crude but my imagination was part of it, which ultimately led to a multitude of astronomy classes at the Hayden Planetarium in NYC while in Jr. High School (middle school). Thanks for sharing your creative talents!

Dave (D&A)

leejo

It's interesting, although not surprising, how much stick Hasselblad are getting on social media for not offering the back as a standalone product. This lends credence to my theory that they want it to be a feeder into the X system and they know (and even say it in replies) that using the back with a V body is a compromise: "Currently the 907X is sold as a set only to provide the best Hasselblad experience".

It does feel a bit of a shame, and as if Hasselblad are missing a trick here - If you think that 99.9% of the V bodies, lenses, backs, and so on, sold over the past fifteen or twenty years have probably been secondhand and thus Hasseblad haven't made a penny on them other than if/when they get serviced. They could probably sell a large number of these backs to new/existing users of the V system who will never move to the X system. I'm sure they've done the figures though.

Whatever, I'm planning to pick up the combo and see how well the back works with my 203/202. If the cameras need calibrating or the experience isn't great then I'll probably sell the lot and move to something else.

B L

It does feel a bit of a shame, and as if Hasselblad are missing a trick here - If you think that 99.9% of the V bodies, lenses, backs, and so on, sold over the past fifteen or twenty years have probably been secondhand and thus Hasseblad haven't made a penny on them other than if/when they get serviced. They could probably sell a large number of these backs to new/existing users of the V system who will never move to the X system. I'm sure they've done the figures though.

+1

[/QUOTE]Whatever, I'm planning to pick up the combo and see how well the back works with my 203/202. If the cameras need calibrating or the experience isn't great then I'll probably sell the lot and move to something else.[/QUOTE]

Recent discussion, https://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium...s/68893-hasselblad-2000-fc-m-digital-use.html

and also the past discussion, https://www.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-or-wtb/3178-hasselblad-203fe-205tcc-converted-digital.html

Godfrey

A new 'blad makes all fans very glad.
But can beat one blad thats our friend Godfrey's blad.
I remain completely perplexed as to the point of this post, other than perhaps you're just trying to say something indecipherable but snarky about me. Please explain yourself.

Regards use of the CFVII 50c back with 200 and 2000 series Hasselblad V system bodies, Hasselblad updated the firmware to allow full operation with these bodies either in firmware v1.2.0 or 1.3.0 ... they also updated the user manual to reflect the new compatibility:

Note that now both
Modified 202FA, 203 FE, 205 TCC, 205 FCC With F type lenses and C/CF/CFi/CFE lenses at F- or C-mode setting.
and
2000 FC, 2000 FC/M, 2000 FCW, 2003 FCW 201 F, Unmodified 203 FE, 205 TCC, 205 FCC With F type lenses and C/CF/CFi/CFE lenses at F- or C-mode setting.
are listed as supported, compatible configurations for cable free operation. Exactly what the limitations might be, well, I don't have any of those bodies to test with so someone else who does has to do that testing.

I don't see the reason for all the whinging about not being able to buy the CFVII 50c as a standalone purchase at present. At the offered price, the whole 907x standard edition camera is less than 1/3 the price that the predecessor CFV 50c back alone was, and the 907x 'body' is likely just a couple hundred dollars of that. It's not such an onerous burden ... I can't see anything wrong with the underlying notion that Hasselblad would like to motivate users to transition to the X system by pricing the kit very reasonably. After all, the V system is now some years since being discontinued and parts for various components of it are already becoming scarce or are unobtainable. Is a couple of hundred dollars THAT huge an issue for people buying high end, luxury camera equipment? Really?

There is probably also the simple production problem: The 907x body is much simpler and easier to produce than the back is, there might be some limitations on how many backs they can make at present, and they want to be sure they can supply the back for every 907x body they make since that body is unusable without that specific back. It makes good sense to sell the camera as a kit until demand for the X compatible body drops below the point where the entire production of backs has to be dedicated to it.

Whatever. I guess people will complain no matter what Hasselblad does. I prefer to see this from the other side of the fence, in the way of thinking "I can keep using my prized older Hasselblad equipment and can now also gain access to the new lenses and accessories for a small price premium should I want to."

G

elm

Godfrey, thank you for your comments and insight!

If you can afford the high end equipment, then what is the sense of barking about a few hundred dollars! The 907x body will be another toy that one would leave on the shelve like all our other toys! It is better that we play with what we have and enjoy it as long as we can! Share your joy and share the wonderful images and memories we can make with them! Life is too short! Especially during this pandemic! You all be safe and well!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
According to my dealer , the CFV II 50 c + 907x chrome version will be available here in week 36 , thats first week in September . The price is 6590 € without a lens .
Additional to that I have a 45P lens on order , just to make sure , the 907x is not getting an orphant .
I have no intention , to buy into the X-lens family as I will use the back mostly with the ALPA and V-SYSTEM .
Very much looking forward for the 907x to arrive .

jotloob

Subscriber Member
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
A ridiculous, Un ergonomic and overpriced piece of Chinese garbage
It looks like you had an extensive experience of shooting with this camera, something we all would be very happy to read about but only if it is written with care and professionalism this forum deserves. I would also like to see imagery you took with this camera.