The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPhone Photos

Godfrey

Made some better pictures of my bicycle with the new carbon rims ... all with the iPhone 8 Plus. What a remarkable camera these cell phones have!

Click the photo to get to the album if you want to see all of them. :D
Happy Holidays to everyone!

G

Qamaro

Testing out the new iPhone's low light capabilities w/ HDR mode on at Disneyland's Star Wars land this winter.

Just normal adjustments and a slight LUT color grading to get the feel I wanted (although the 2nd one might be on the edge of that borderline HDR gaudy look ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but it's all in fun).

Qamaro

Here is another from the holidays out at the LA Arboretum for a Chinese Lantern festival. The new phones low light performance on the wide at f/2.4 held up pretty well in fact, had to reduce the blacks a little to get the feel I wanted. I find if you don't push the files to hard on the latest phones they can hold up pretty well to basic adjustments or color grading if needed.

The built in wide has a nice field of view if you can get into a good position, the issue here was wanting the tail but having tons of people photographing it to my left and didn't want them in any way in the shot. I also wish I could have gotten closer to the shoreline for a full reflection. In either case it turn out pretty well for a phone photo in full night.

Godfrey

Back from my cruise in the Caribbean!

Carnival Conquest
Atlantis 2020
San Juan, Puerto Rico

This is a seven-frame panorama merge of the cruise ship Carnival Conquest seen from my stateroom balcony on the Oasis of the Sea while docked in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I did it somewhat casually: fitted the Moment 58mm lens to the tele camera on the iPhone 8 Plus and made the exposures hand-held.

(The full-resolution, 17,900 pixel-wide merged image can be seen in full resolution by clicking on the bolded title line above.)

tech info:
iPhone 8 Plus + Moment 58mm lens
Moment camera app, RAW output
Hand-held exposure
Merged in Lightroom Classic
Minor additional editing (some defringing, which creates a few artifacts primarily, and a little additional sharpening).​

It's not Leica quality, but it's pretty nice anyway! :D

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Off on a tangent yesterday, I went out for a nice 21 mile bicycle ride and really enjoyed myself. I carried my little tabletop tripod and the RSS camera mount I like the most in case an interesting photo op appeared, and I had my new iPhone 11 Pro and the Moment remote release with me. So at some point, I decided to make a current photo of myself and the bike in one of my usual selfie spots by a Peet's Coffee in San Jose ...

The usual chairs and tables were not outdoors as I expected so I had no choice but to set the tripod on the sidewalk... Welcome to the Land of the Giants Bicycle and Rider selfie!

iPhone 11 Pro
Moment camera app
1x lens - raw capture
processed in Lightroom

LOL!

G

"No matter where you go, go there on your bicycle."

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Godfrey , I envy you for your bike ride .
Here , springtime is still far away and we have plenty of rain and violent storm .
iphone Xs .

3622.2.PP.jpg

rayyan

Hello Lloyd.

Sorry for the delayed response.
Hope Mimi, you and family are doing well.

The image is from Baler, Luzon, Philippines..along the Pacific Coast.

Best regards.

Yes, that does look like a challenge. Where are you hiding out?

Godfrey

Forgive another installment in the "My Bicycle is My Cat Photo Series" ... :D

While I was sitting at the cafe eating lunch, I was just looking at my bike parked out front and thinking to myself, "Dang, that's a pretty machine!" Of course, I took a photograph with the iPhone...

iPhone 11 Pro
Apple Camera app
Processed with Snapseed

The quality impressed me because it is a pretty extreme digital zoom ... up in the 4x range, I believe. The low ISO 20 helps, I'm sure.

enjoy! G

scho

Just back from a leap year birthday celebration for my wife (her 20th) on Isla Mujeres, Mexico. We also had our son, daughter, and their spouses there for this special event. Beautiful little island off the coast of Cancun and a perfect place to relax and warm up a little. All of the images in this album were taken with the iPhone X and a few samples below.

Last edited:

Godfrey

I guess I should call this one "The Old Cat Is Gone, The New Kitty Arrived" ...

Salsa Beargrease Custom Build, First Beauty Shot – Santa Clara 2020
iPhone 11 Pro - 2x @ ISO 100 @ f/2 @ 1/122

:D

Onwards, always onwards! G

jotloob

Subscriber Member
iPHONE Xs . Image taken while on an afternoon walk at the river Iller near Sonthofen/Bavaria .
Hopefully not the last walk . The authorities plan to impose a corona curfew .
ILLER.PP.jpg

scho

My daughter recently was in Aspen, CO to meet with a client about a commission for a painting. On her flight back home to Atlanta she had to first fly to Salt Lake city UT for a connection. After boarding the plane she discovered that she was the sole passenger taking the flight.