The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pradeep

On my way to the Snow Monkey resort in Jigokudani, Japan. Pulling out of the train station in Nagano, I was in the last car and had this absolutely beautiful view of the town receding behind me, with the snow-topped mountains in the background and the train track running straight out. Liked the lines in this photo and a perspective I have never had from a train before. Taken with the trusty Rx1r2, my constant companion on my travels.

scho

An evening of "Water Music" along the waterfront trail. Several local musical groups performed at various locations along the trail. RX1RII.

The musician at the center of this group was playing the washtub bass - an instrument not seen very often.

Here is a small group that featured bag pipes with guitar and fiddle.

These folks had something other than music on their minds.

Last edited:

The Ute

Monet, my dog. Getting older, but not too old to get tremendously excited for his daily adventures

Felt compelled to comment.
Lovely photo.
Your photo is like the painter after which your dog is named.
Very impressionistic. :)

Pradeep

Another one with the Rx1r2, taken in Namibia last year. There is a rest stop in the middle of nowhere called the Solitaire Lodge which has one of the best apple pies in the country. The place is studded with old, rusty cars and they've made some interesting exhibits with these. Here is one, at the entrance, with the desert and the dunes visible behind it.

Pradeep

May I humbly suggest to the powers that be, that we close this thread and create a new one. This one has almost 400 pages and 20,000 posts. It is too much to browse through. The thread was started in 2009, before the mirrorless revolution began. It could be pinned to the top of the Sony forum so it is always there.

Just a thought.

Knorp

May I humbly suggest to the powers that be, that we close this thread and create a new one. This one has almost 400 pages and 20,000 posts. It is too much to browse through. The thread was started in 2009, before the mirrorless revolution began. It could be pinned to the top of the Sony forum so it is always there.

Just a thought.
It's a returning dilemma for popular threads or so it seems to be.
I've never thought of or considered a thread as too long as I simply open threads with the most recent post on top.
Furthermore for browsing (Safari) I use AutoPagerize (On) so pages will load automatically albeit with some delay.

Krgds.

DLP

Recently took a roadtrip in Serbia, here are some landscape shots I took.
It is a beautiful country, and Belgrade is a great place for street photography.

Ovcar-Kablar Gorge, Cacak, Serbia
a7r ii + Zeiss 1635 f4

Ovcar-Kablar Gorge, Cacak, Serbia
a7r ii + Zeiss 1635 f4

Tara National Park, Perucac, Serbia
a7r ii + LA EA4 + 24 f2 ZA

Tara National Park, Perucac, Serbia
a7r ii + LA EA4 + 24 f2 ZA

River Drina, Tara National Park, Perucac, Serbia
a7r ii + LA EA4 + 135 f1.8 ZA

Uvac meander, Uvac, Serbia
a7r ii + Zeiss 1635 f4

frozenbb

I had the fortune of traveling to very dark skies recently, and decided to pursue some clichéd Milky Way subject matter. Both shots below were taken during the new moon (.2 percent illumination). The nearest natural light sources were about 40km away, and the Milky Way was so bright as to cast obvious shadows. If anything, dark skies in such a spot at this time of year is a contradiction in terms!

The first was a psuedo 24-min exposure taken while waiting for the skies to darken. It was shot during the blue hour, as I tried to approximate the length of a certain painter's brush strokes by using star trail length.

Van Gogh tonight.

One dirty galaxy.

Barry Haines

Haven't really had much time for photography of late...Just catching up and going through everybody else's images over the last couple of months
Some really excellent work guys :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The River Dart CV65mm and INRI taken in a dimly lit church in Probus earlier today with the 50mm f/0.95 Mitakon

The Ute

Good to see you Barry.
Hope you'll be able to come round more often.
Thorkil mentioned that you had some Family issues.
Miss your work.

Shac

The forest fire season is well underway again in British Columbia. This is just a very small one but has grown since this shot was taken. (A7 + MD 35-70)

The smoke has quite an impact on sunsets too

Status
Not open for further replies.