The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Fries”? What is the world coming to? :shocked:
Ian, I can assure you that the "Great British oily fat Chip" is still alive and kicking (Good to know somethings never change).

After GMT 23:00 29/3/2019 you will then see a complete absence of...Wedges, Fries, Frites, French Fries, Pommes de terre and Dauphinoise potatoes from the menu.

That's when all UK services will be fully restored back to normal ;D :ROTFL:

mediumcool

Ian, I can assure you that the "Great British oily fat Chip" is still alive and kicking (Good to know somethings never change).

After GMT 23:00 29/3/2019 you will then see a complete absence of Wedges, Fries, Frites, French Fries, Pommes de terre and Dauphinoise potatoes from the menu.

That's when all UK services will be fully restored back to normal ;D :ROTFL:
I didn’t realise that the Unites States of Trump had joined the EU! And whatever happened to Freedom Fries, anyway? :p

tofa

Gandolfi, nice one I love Monty Python's...where would we be without the "Dirty Hungarian Phrasebook"....My Hovercraft is full of Eels...great stuff....Cheers Barry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akbflkF_1zY
Google translate has taken Python's place.
Translated email conversation between my wife and daughter on a home video about our granddaughter they shared:

"Again without the poisonous grandmother. He says that "mine." The hajj to my words ...."
"Eljöhetnétek a week, at least it would be mad at me. i stand on the ticket."

Little to do with what they were actually saying...

Barry Haines

I didn’t realise that the Unites States of Trump had joined the EU! And whatever happened to Freedom Fries, anyway? :p
Neither did I + I have no idea

Actually for the record, nobody seems to know the truth for sure.
Further reading for you and those who maybe still interested

https://londonist.com/2016/02/london-s-first-fish-and-chips
The History of Fish and Chips - National Dish of Britain

Perhaps we can get this thread back on course now...TIA

Xmas Post

Last edited:

chiquita

I've been busy.... I'm now officially a grandma :0 Here is Lucy Kathryn Violet born on 8th November. A7RII FE85 1.4 GM...... unfortunately whilst enjoying the 85mm, the A7RII decided to bite the dust and is now in the post back to Sony in Wales! It looks as though the shutter has jammed :( Oh well, back to the Leica for now then.

Lucy...... by christilou1, on Flickr

k-hawinkler

I've been busy.... I'm now officially a grandma :0 Here is Lucy Kathryn Violet born on 8th November. A7RII FE85 1.4 GM...... unfortunately whilst enjoying the 85mm, the A7RII decided to bite the dust and is now in the post back to Sony in Wales! It looks as though the shutter has jammed :( Oh well, back to the Leica for now then.

Congratulations grandma, such a beautiful baby girl!

Barry Haines

+1 as K-H said.
Congratulations Christina, that shot deserves rightly to go in the family album...Lucy Kathryn Violet is beautiful :)
Hope you get your camera back soon...Cheers Barry

Taken a few hours ago...
Lifebuoy - Sony 35mm Distagon @ f1.4
Scaffolding Santa - Sony 35mm Distagon @ f1.4
Padstow Harbour reflection - Sony 35mm Distagon @ f1.4
Traffic Cone - Voigtlander 65mm Macro APO-Lanthar @ f2.0...

Last edited:

pegelli

Congrats Christine, and also congrats to the parents! A beautiful baby girl the whole family can be proud of and captured very well by the new grandma. I'm sure a lot of fine images will follow in the years to come.

Hope your camera gets fixed soon, but I think your Leica "back-up" will be able to keep up nicely as well. ;)

nsng

You got closer, without an off-centre composition. ’Tis powerful in its directness—the model has a lot to do with that, as does the always-abstracting power of monochrome.

The last picture is a bit, um, symbolically rude. ;)
The fair ground was bustling with activities but I was fascinated with the people. I was watching her as she stood still looking at me. I approached her and raised my camera to quickly fire a few shots. She seemed transfixed and did not move at all.

As for the last picture I was walking around Pushkar, which is not a big town but full of street activities. I caught sight of a vegetable seller who has arranged his produce to attract customers. I leave it to the viewer to interpret the image! Thanks!

Barry Haines

Isn't that the Grim Reaper in the background ... :shocked:
Bart, it could very well be (my eyesight ain't what it used to be)...either that or it's somebody with a screwdriver :)

All alone...My last image from this evenings walkabout...Sony 85mm GM

Last edited:

tofa

Operations Center

My FIL just turned 89. This corner of the kitchen in his Budapest flat is where he notates the calendar, clips coupons and prepares for shopping, repairs small items,
does crossword puzzles, carries out his correspondence, manages his medications, checks the outside temperature and activities in the street.

scho

Finally managed a bit of sun today. Fall Creek at the community of Forest Home adjacent to the Cornell wildflower garden trail. A7RIII + Zeiss Loxia 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.