Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Note: The OLD B& forum will be shutting down on November 1st, please use the new B&S.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Note: The OLD B& forum will be shutting down on November 1st, please use the new

Jack, Take a look at the camera gear for sale (new). Every advert ends with a bit of Guy's laptop sale advert!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Note: The OLD B& forum will be shutting down on November 1st, please use the new

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Jack, Take a look at the camera gear for sale (new). Every advert ends with a bit of Guy's laptop sale advert!
    Yes, I saw that.
    It may have been a result of increasing the ad character limit.
    working on it...
    -bob

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I screwed up I edited the template since I have access by accident. Bob will fix.

I'm not familiar yet with it and what I see is different than a non moderator sees. So sorry that was my bad.

I also fixed my ad correctly now.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You know that's not a bad trick. I can put my ad on everyone else's. Talk about coverage.ROTFLMAO
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Note that the old B&S, Gallery and Commercial sections have been disabled since all of these can be posted directly in the new B&S. The old forums are still there in case anything needs to be retrieved, just turned off and not visible by the public.

Also note that we created a B&S feedback section and moved the historic feedback threads there so they remain active, accessible and searchable.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Senior Member Ron (Netherlands)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thing for buyers - I think they will look less at the new B&S (like others said, it is looking less attractive) and therefore have less GAS. However this means a bad thing for sellers: less buyers, more costs.
    Since I sold only once or twice and bought many, I have no problems with that :-)
    Leica: IIa sync conversion, M6 TTL Millenium, Fuji X-E1;
    My Flickr
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think the new B&S looks good. Just visibility is down, for better or worse, because the listings aren't shown in the "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" views.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yea that's what I would like to see as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think people may get used to the new B/S. I find it better than I thought at first, in part because of the improvements.

One thing that is missing, though, is that the most recently listed item doesn't appear on the main page as it used to. Sometimes I'd click on the buy and sell section based on a new item listing reminding me that there are thinsg I haven't seen yet. Now there's just a blank spot.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That's my thing as well. Be nice to see the last post made. It tells me if something is there I did not see yet. Couple tweaks and it will be great. Hope Bob and Jack figure out that stuff. I know there working on things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The last post made is always on the top of the classified listings.
    You will not see those posts on this forum.
    -bob

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    That's my thing as well. Be nice to see the last post made. It tells me if something is there I did not see yet. Couple tweaks and it will be great. Hope Bob and Jack figure out that stuff. I know there working on things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bob yes when you click the B/S link yes the last post. What We where saying was on the main forum page with Nikon, canon, medium format etc etc they show the last post made to the column on the right. The buy and sell that is a blank. The suggestion was the last ad placed in the queue also shows up on the last post column. I know a **** load of coding, but that would be a benefit. As it is today you have to actually click in. Be nice just to see what was the last ad at a glance on the main page. Bribe I ll cook my famous steak dinner next time we are together. LOL

Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bob, how hard to code the server time into the date field on the B&S ad?
    ie; 11/04/13 at 08:11:33
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Bob, how hard to code the server time into the date field on the B&S ad?
    ie; 11/04/13 at 08:11:33
    Everything is possible LOL