The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tapatalk enabled for mobile users

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
We have activated the popular tapatalk app for mobile user convenience.
thanks
-bob

Hi Bob,
Is the tapatalk Way already online? I have problems to connect with my iphone. And deleting I couldn't find it again. Thank you.
Mueller

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Tapatalk has been taken off-line.
It just created too many database errors and security holes.
The reason is that it insists on essentially taking over new user registration bypassing our age and email verification steps.
Tapatalk technical support has been non-responsive.
So I deleted it.
-bob

Tim

Fair enough. Its no good when it breaks things.
I did use it a fair bit but can live without it.

Thx for trying it anyway! :(

tjv

Bummer, I liked Tapatalk but understand it it caused problems that you'd need to take it offline.

philipus

Hello
Any update on if or when tapatalk will be enabled? Would be great to be able to access the forum on the phone.
Best
Philip

Tapatalk has been taken off-line.
It just created too many database errors and security holes.
The reason is that it insists on essentially taking over new user registration bypassing our age and email verification steps.
Tapatalk technical support has been non-responsive.
So I deleted it.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
Any update on if or when tapatalk will be enabled? Would be great to be able to access the forum on the phone.
Best
Philip
First things first.
Due to our user registration process Tapatalk, last time we tried it, opened up a whole bunch of security holes and led to the inadvertent enrollment of several hackers. Since then we have installed new security measures, but more work remains. The next step is the conversion to VB4 which is complete except for the time-consuming cosmetics. The second is mobile support which will follow soon after. Once that is in place, perhaps the need for tapatalk would not be so pressing. If it remains so, then an evaluation would need to be performed on its current version. I will not expose us to the sorts of damage caused by our last attempt.
-bob