The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which Photo editor you use, other than photoshop

photongemm

As my title suggest, which photo editor you use other than photoshop. Like if i want to edit some photos online on desktop version i go for GIMP which is similar to photoshop.
And if in any coimputer i do not find any tool to edit photos i just browser to website toolpic which is browser based photoshop editor.

Just wondering is there any other best tool which i can use other than GIMP or toolpic.
Please share thanks

turtle

As a starting point, Lightroom. Its a bit of a 'standard' dead easy to use, does everything either well or extremely well and has few negatives. Sure, some prefer Capture 1 and various others, but Lightroom is enormously popular for a reason.

I find it dead easy to use and compatible with the plug ins I use. I don't touch Photoshop aside from for stitching. I don't need to and feel that staying away from pixel level manipulation actually helps prevent images looking too digital. The brain senses it.

photongemm

As a starting point, Lightroom. Its a bit of a 'standard' dead easy to use, does everything either well or extremely well and has few negatives. Sure, some prefer Capture 1 and various others, but Lightroom is enormously popular for a reason.

I find it dead easy to use and compatible with the plug ins I use. I don't touch Photoshop aside from for stitching. I don't need to and feel that staying away from pixel level manipulation actually helps prevent images looking too digital. The brain senses it.
Thanks Turtle ... will use lightroom and review it here.Have a great day

Leigh

I use Phocus from Hasselblad.

It's a very good general-purpose program, with all the usual tools.

Since I shoot Hasselblad, it's nice to have the lens aberration corrections built in.

Best of all... it's free.

- Leigh

iiiNelson

Personally use LR5 as my primary but I've been forcing myself to use/learn C1P8 the last few months. It's hands down the best version to date. More stable than they've been in the past and includes more LR style features. It never really felt like a RAW editor I colludes on it's own before now but I'm coming around to actually like it. What a difference 4 months and a new version makes.

Don Libby

Every file I take gets opened in C1, evaluated and ranked before lens correction and slight processing before saving as a Tiff. The file is then opened in PS-CC and further processed using Nik software.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
In addition to Photoshop, I use Photoshop. I like C1 a lot, but my brain's capacity is limited, so I stick with what I know. As far as I can remember, that is Photoshop :)

Don Libby

In addition to Photoshop, I use Photoshop. I like C1 a lot, but my brain's capacity is limited, so I stick with what I know. As far as I can remember, that is Photoshop :)
I tend to slow at times, so just to make certain I have this correct your answer is ... Photoshop.

Godfrey

I used to use Photoshop for everything. Taught Photoshop.

Now I use Lightroom for most things. Rarely touch Photoshop, hardly remember how to use it sometimes. As the tools, cameras, and my skills have developed over the years, I need pixel-level editing less and less.

I also use a two other image processing tools: Flare and Tonality Pro. I use Flare for its simple border effect mostly. I'm learning Tonality Pro, haven't decided yet whether I will use it on a regular basis.

G

Shashin

I edit my images in Adobe Bridge, but I process them in Photoshop. I have use Capture One for editing and processing and it is a good piece of software, but it is limited with the cameras that it will allow--I can't process Pentax 645D files in it. I found Lightroom annoying for both editing and processing.

But if you just want to edit images, any system dialog box will let you select and arrange files. You don't need software for that. Processing them is another matter.

darr

Today I use Lightroom (LR) and Photoshop (PS). I started with Aldus PhotoStyler back in the early 90s and when Adobe acquired it, it suddenly disappeared, and from then on it has been PS.

I have used Capture One (C1) since v.5, but have never much liked the UI. I did the upgrade to v.8, but since recently acquiring a Hasselblad digital back, C1 will not process my Hasselblad files and now I am having to learn how to incorporate Phocus into my MFD workflow, but everything goes through LR eventually.

For me LR is the best cataloging program I have used thus far, and I have used ImageAXS, Extensis Portfolio, and others over the years.

IMO, simplicity in software design appears difficult to find. :)

John Smith

I am new in the forum and doing first post in this section as i didn't find any introduction thread so i thought of introducing myself like this. I like photography and this is one of my favorite thing. And i have been doing this for many years not as a profession but as a hobby or interest. I use light room for capturing things.