Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Turning off "like" emails?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Sweden
    Posts
    1,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Turning off "like" emails?

    Afternoon

    I'm sure this is straight forward but can't find which box to uncheck to stop the emails informing me of new likes, anyone know?

    Thanks

    Mat
    http://matrichardson.com/
    Workshops for 2018! http://www.matrichardson.com/workshops
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #2
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: Turning off "like" emails?

    in the user control panel "User CP"
    there is a selection on the lower left named "DBTech - Post Thanks"
    under that "settings.
    go there
    in the upper panel named "Notification Setting" you may set them as you wish
    -bob
    www.getdpi.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #3
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,933
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Turning off "like" emails?

    Actually, I'd like to thank you for putting in the email notification on "Likes". I consider a "Like" the same as a comment, it's nice to be notified when someone has commented on a photo I post.

    G

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Sweden
    Posts
    1,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Turning off "like" emails?

    Thanks Bob, got it!

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,610
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Turning off "like" emails?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    in the user control panel "User CP"
    there is a selection on the lower left named "DBTech - Post Thanks"
    under that "settings.
    go there
    in the upper panel named "Notification Setting" you may set them as you wish
    -bob
    Thanks! Turned all of them off.

  6. #6
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: Turning off "like" emails?

    À chacun son goût.
    -bob

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    306
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Turning off "like" emails?

    Hi Bob, is there a way to set the thanks/like stats to off by default (the list that appears under the user name and icon for every post). I see that it can be turned off with the small chevron, but I'd prefer it to be off by default and I couldn't find a way to do that in the Control Panel. It takes up too much room (expands the reply) for simple 1-2 line replies to my mind and means more scrolling...

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: Turning off "like" emails?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbroomfield View Post
    Hi Bob, is there a way to set the thanks/like stats to off by default (the list that appears under the user name and icon for every post). I see that it can be turned off with the small chevron, but I'd prefer it to be off by default and I couldn't find a way to do that in the Control Panel. It takes up too much room (expands the reply) for simple 1-2 line replies to my mind and means more scrolling...

    Thanks
    sure, in your user control panel in the DBTech Post/Thanks settings section in the lower section about PostBit statistics
    Attachment 87664
    -bob

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    306
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Turning off "like" emails?

    Thanks Bob, but in fact I did that before posting the question because it had no effect ...

  10. #10
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: Turning off "like" emails?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbroomfield View Post
    Thanks Bob, but in fact I did that before posting the question because it had no effect ...
    they are off in this post.
    did you do that with the chevron?
    thanks
    -bob

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    306
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Turning off "like" emails?

    I don't recall and yes, it's off in all your posts in this thread, but the posts by mjr and Godrey above are still showing the stats, as are other posts in other threads. Does it only work on new posts?

    Thanks

  12. #12
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,610
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Turning off "like" emails?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    À chacun son goût.
    -bob
    Yes.

    Like Mike, i also like brevity in scrolling.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •