The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bug report #2 - resolved

Knorp

Perhaps it's a feature :confused:, but when viewing 'Forum Home' and selecting from any section the latest updated thread shown, it takes you to the top of the last (oldest) page instead of the latest (newest) post in that thread. Despite having 'Linear - Newest First' as display mode.
However, when you go into a section first and then select any thread it works as advertised ... :D

As it is now 02:30 CET you can imagine it bugs me quite a lot :LOL:

Kind regards.

Knorp

Even after posting a reply it takes me back to the top of the very first page ... :confused:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Resolved.
We had to wait for a correction from a plug-in vendor.
-bob

fotografz

This is NOT resolved.

I can't even get to the last posts on this thread to see what people are saying.

I was reading the Sony A7R-II announcement thread, and midway down the thread it started reverting to the first post, rather than the next one that I clicked on.

I use Safari on a Mac. Any tips?

- Marc

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Marc,
That is puzzling.
Are you saying that the screen is jumping around as you scroll down the page?
This bug related to moving to the first chronological post after a new post was made.
So far I don'r seem to be able to duplicate what you are seeing.
I am using Safari on a Mac to write this and it seems to work for me.
Perhaps we are looking at different issues?
Could you give me a detailed step-by-step sequence that is failing for you?
thanks
-bob

fotografz

Hi Bob,

Thanks so much for responding to this.

I think I may have resolved it myself.:facesmack:

I completely re-set Safari, reloaded the page, and restarted my Mac.

Now I see a different layout than the older one, and it shows all of the posts.

So far so good.:clap:

Thanks,

- Marc

fotografz

Nope. It just reverted right back to the older format with each post as a line and "more responses below" line.

When I click on the last post in the thread, it just goes to the first one.

- Marc