The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

We have upgraded to vBulletin 4 Time for a fresh bug list

Tim

I do find the new look a bit "thick", maybe fonts as Guy said.
I will live with what ever you guys decide. Its all just a 1st world problem.

I didn't even think about donating till mentioned here.

The button might be there but for me it does nothing when clicked on?

Godfrey

It's very hard to parse a list like this:

- the line spacings shift up and down the list
- the subject lines are smaller than the "who started it" line
- there's not enough space between entries in the list, and the separators aren't clear

Too hard to scan and read...

G

craygc

Apart from font size as t relates to thread titles; there is no visual separation between the title and the "started by" line under it. Its almost impossible to scan the list of new posts to determine what you want to read without actually reading everything. As others have mentioned, maybe larger font size for the thread title, and both smaller font and less dominant colour for the "started by" line.

craygc

Apart from font size as t relates to thread titles; there is no visual separation between the title and the "started by" line under it. Its almost impossible to scan the list of new posts to determine what you want to read without actually reading everything. As others have mentioned, maybe larger font size for the thread title, and both smaller font and less dominant colour for the "started by" line.

Godfrey expanded on this while I was writing...

...and I seemed to get a double post while editing!

JMaher

Font size still too small or maybe the wrong font or both. I suspect this looks different on different monitors but I suspect many reads here has large high rez monitors and that adds to the issues. The fonts before the change worked fine.

As Godfrey stated the list of posts is very hard to read and impossible to scan. Please lose the envelopes in the front of each as they make a quick scan almost impossible.

Just to be clear I am not complaining but trying to help you make it better.

Jim

Tim

Bob,

I badly worded my post above, -- the link when clicking the Donate button does nothing, no link?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
You may dismiss the notifications and they will not appear again for you.
That is the X at the far right of the notification.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Font family and size in posts looks good now! Progress! :)
Quotes are still pretty tiny...

G
I split the difference between those who thought it too small and those who find it too large.
Quote size matched to post text.
-bob

Re: font size, still too small for me. New posts page is eye-boggling.

This is the Leica Q of web 'improvements' – a few will like it, but most wouldn't choose 28mm. :)

Knorp

You know what I like best of this whole upgrade ? Your images are no longer restricted to 1200 pixels ! How about that ! But don't tell anybody ...
:chug: :salute: :ROTFL:

Godfrey

I split the difference between those who thought it too small and those who find it too large.
Quote size matched to post text.
-bob
The text in posts is looking pretty good size-wise now for my eyes. :)
Thanks Bob!

seakayaker

Large images have been allowed for weeks, it would be nice to go back to a size limit.

The previous layout that was just replaced was much better visually than the current upgrade. The look and feel is off, the wide bar and separation caused by with the thanks and likes takes up way to much space. It should be on the same gray space (line) as the Reply and Reply with Quote buttons. To be honest I do not get the need for both a thank and a like, one or the other or perhaps both could be removed, it works for a lot of other sites and definitely would save a lot of space.

It does look better than it did 8 hours ago. If the size of the pictures could be limited and the if the spacing between each reply on the thread could be reduced that would be nice.

S

Simon

You may dismiss the notifications and they will not appear again for you.
That is the X at the far right of the notification.
-bob
Yup, it is broken. I am working on the readability stuff first.
-bob
Fixed (Well it's a bit of a hack, the code should have worked fine as its exactly the format PayPal provide but sometching seemed to be blocking it)

S

Simon

Re: font size, still too small for me. New posts page is eye-boggling.

This is the Leica Q of web 'improvements' – a few will like it, but most wouldn't choose 28mm. :)
The thing is with the font size is the default size is actually bigger than vBulletin3’s and the font size being used here prior to the update was still the default. The fact some people are seeing it as being smaller seems to be more an optical illusion