The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

We have upgraded to vBulletin 4 Time for a fresh bug list

Knorp

done
-bob
Thank you, Bob. The all 'new smileys' (or is it smilies?) are fine, but the 'generic smileys' are still not very clear (even with specs) to my eyes.
:) :toocool: ... see what I mean ?

Kind regards.

carl-b

The images in the Technical camera images thread by the following members are not showing up to me.

miketclaw
pesto
stngoldberg
JohnBrew
GrahamWelland

I'm on a desktop running win7 pro. Latest FF and all flash etc is up to date. :)

jlm

Workshop Member
just noticed:
used to be when getting notification of a "like", it would link the post; no more

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
The images in the Technical camera images thread by the following members are not showing up to me.

miketclaw
pesto
stngoldberg
JohnBrew
GrahamWelland

I'm on a desktop running win7 pro. Latest FF and all flash etc is up to date. :)
Yup, we know and are working on a solution.
thanks
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
just noticed:
used to be when getting notification of a "like", it would link the post; no more
In the email notification?
I get links by email as well as in the notifications list.
if it is by email, could you please forward the notification to [email protected]?
thanks
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, Bob. The all 'new smileys' (or is it smilies?) are fine, but the 'generic smileys' are still not very clear (even with specs) to my eyes.
:) :toocool: ... see what I mean ?

Kind regards.
They are the same old smilies we have been using forever. I guess since we changed to 16 px type they look smaller, but they don't disturb line spacing.
I have changed the names of the lists and sorted them out into line height and large smilies.
-bob

Knorp

They are the same old smilies we have been using forever. I guess since we changed to 16 px type they look smaller, but they don't disturb line spacing.
I have changed the names of the lists and sorted them out into line height and large smilies.
-bob
Thanks again, Bob. I'll better be using my magnifying glass ... ;)

Knorp

One more thing, Bob: for Thread display mode I'm using "Linear - Newest First".
When selecting Reply to Thread it takes me to bottom of the first/top page where I expected to stay on top of the page with my Reply box.
Bug or feature ?

Godfrey

based on that, I have made several changes but have several more to go.
-bob
I just looked at
Main forum page - Forum button on first nav bar
Any individual forum page - click Leica button on forum page
on both 27" display and on the iPad mini, as those are the ones that seemed too small before. They look fine now.

Thanks Bob!

G

Tim

:banghead::cussing::poke::angry::wtf:

Actually for me too, but the complaints on too small have outnumbered the votes on too large.
-bob
Some forums allow users to tailor the viewing experience.
Is there an option to turn on that allows all users to control their own font sizes in the admin panel?

/edit
Seems there may be add ons but I'm not going to suggest loading them, who knows what will break

Knorp

One more thing, Bob: for Thread display mode I'm using "Linear - Newest First".
When selecting Reply to Thread it takes me to bottom of the first/top page where I expected to stay on top of the page with my Reply box.
Bug or feature ?
Odd: it seems to occur specifically in "Fun with the Olympus OMD" and not in f.i. "Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread" ... :loco:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Odd: it seems to occur specifically in "Fun with the Olympus OMD" and not in f.i. "Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread" ... :loco:
Folks have found "quick-reply" confusing.
No matter if viewing threads newest-first or oldest-first, there was a "quick-reply" editor window located at the bottom of the page. With all of our image-laden threads, the pages could be very long.
When the "reply-to-thread button was clicked, the browser focus was merely shifted to the existing quick-reply editor at the bottom of the current page. Once the reply was submitted, the page viewed became the same page that contained the new post despite the location one might have happened to be viewing. This is thought to be useful so that folks would have a chance to see what they wrote.

The value of quick-reply is that it avoided a page-load for the reply window since it was always present.

What I have done is to disable quick-reply. The editor window now will not appear until the reply-to thread is clicked. A new page load operation will then display the editor window.
This avoids some of the window focus issues that some browsers were having, particularly IOS due to our lack of mobile support, which is on the long list of to-dos but not yet ready.
What will still happen, however, is that once the reply is submitted, that reply will be displayed in the page context in which it lives, again so that you can see what you posted. No matter which page you were viewing of a multi-page thread, you will be be taken to the most recent page.
One advantage to this approach, the editor format will now always conform to the user's preferences as they set in their user settings.
So it it a feature or a bug? That is subject to interpretation.
-bob

Last edited:

Knorp

Folks have found "quick-reply" confusing.
No matter if viewing threads newest-first or oldest-first, there was a "quick-reply" editor window located at the bottom of the page. With all of our image-laden threads, the pages could be very long.
When the "reply-to-thread button was clicked, the browser focus was merely shifted to the existing quick-reply editor at the bottom of the current page. Once the reply was submitted, the page viewed became the same page that contained the new post despite the location one might have happened to be viewing. This is thought to be useful so that folks would have a chance to see what they wrote.

The value of quick-reply is that it avoided a page-load for the reply window since it was always present.

What I have done is to disable quick-reply. The editor window now will not appear until the reply-to thread is clicked. A new page load operation will then display the editor window.
This avoids some of the window focus issues that some browsers were having, particularly IOS due to our lack of mobile support, which is on the long list of to-dos but not yet ready.
What will still happen, however, is that once the reply is submitted, that reply will be displayed in the page context in which it lives, again so that you can see what you posted. No matter which page you were viewing of a multi-page thread, you will be be taken to the most recent page.
One advantage to this approach, the editor format will now always conform to the user's preferences as they set in their user settings.
So it it a feature or a bug? That is subject to interpretation.
-bob
Thanks a lot, Bob. Much better this way !

However, just one more thingy ... :eek: (ignoring Jim :p).
When I select 'Insert Image' and enter the URL to my image it will immediately show the image. And I didn't select 'Preview Post'.
The previous site software showed you only the
string so I could mark it and copy it once or twice and edit each URL for every image I wanted to present in that one post.
More annoying even is when you make a typo in the URL you're ending up with a small empty box ! And thus far I couldn't find a way to edit that URL only by deleting everything and start all over again.

Is this fixable, pretty please ?

TIA :salute: