The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

We have upgraded to vBulletin 4 Time for a fresh bug list

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks a lot, Bob. Much better this way !

However, just one more thingy ... :eek: (ignoring Jim :p).
When I select 'Insert Image' and enter the URL to my image it will immediately show the image. And I didn't select 'Preview Post'.
The previous site software showed you only the
string so I could mark it and copy it once or twice and edit each URL for every image I wanted to present in that one post.
More annoying even is when you make a typo in the URL you're ending up with a small empty box ! And thus far I couldn't find a way to edit that URL only by deleting everything and start all over again.

Is this fixable, pretty please ?

TIA :salute:
If you change from the WYSIWYG editor to the standard or basic editor in your user settings, that is the behavior you will get.
Why would you expect a WYSIWYG editor to do?
thanks
-bob

Last edited:

Knorp

If you change from the WYSIWYG editor to the standard or enhanced editor in your user settings, that is the behavior you will get.
Why would you expect a WYSIWYG editor to do?
thanks
-bob
Hi there Bob,

from the beginning I've always used WYSIWYG - it's just since the new software the behaviour in the editor of the URL string changed.
But if you're saying it's feature ... so be it. I'll try the other editing modes.

Sorry and thank you.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there Bob,

from the beginning I've always used WYSIWYG - it's just since the new software the behaviour in the editor of the URL string changed.
But if you're saying it's feature ... so be it. I'll try the other editing modes.

Sorry and thank you.
Well, there used to be only two options, standard and WYSIWYG, but it really wasn't, so what they did was to rename the old WSYWYG editor to "standard editor" and made a new more WYSIWYGy WYSIWYG editor.
:cussing:
-bob

Last edited:
How are the font sizes now (in general)?
thanks
-bob

Referring to the list of posts... still a struggle to read. Way too much competing for your attention. Suggest:

1) On the titles... don't use bold font. Font size just fine.
2) On sub titles (who initiated thread & when)... make much less prominent... either gray color text to lower contrast or smaller text or both.

That will create more visual space and make it much easier to read.

Comes from a professional graphic artist friend of mine.

Just a thought

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Referring to the list of posts... still a struggle to read. Way too much competing for your attention. Suggest:

2) On sub titles (who initiated thread & when)... make much less prominent... either gray color text to lower contrast or smaller text or both.

Just a thought
Your designer vs my designer 20 paces one shot. ;)
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Just a thought
OK,
I have reduced the font size of the subsidiary content by a pixel.
Bold on the thread list, indicates those threads that have unread posts. That actually brings us back to the same font size I was using before Godfrey wanted us to go large.
thanks
-bob

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Ok folks.
We have spent enough time on the visuals. So unless there is something really wrong I am done.

I hope to have some news soon about those missing attachments.
Then on to the mobile users who comprise about 25% of our users.
thanks
-bob

p.s. I really want to go out and take some pictures :)
</thread>