The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

We have upgraded to vBulletin 4 Time for a fresh bug list

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
There are several things that still need to be done to wrap this up and a few known issues that remain on our list.
Please report any issues you may see and we will evaluate.
Thanks!
-bob

Known issues:
Color of icon that indicates that a forum has new posts should have more contrast (perhaps make it red)
Favicon is wrong
Missing B&H and Amazon ads, missing paypal donate button
Mobile style still default and needs to be styled

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Bob great work and folks you see something out of place or not working please post here so Bob can look into it. A big thank you to Bob he took on a major task here and we are excited at the results. Thanks for you patience and as soon as Bob fixes that paypal donate button, maybe think about donating a few bucks to take him out to dinner. :cool:

M

mjr

Hi Bob

Good work! I'm not sure if it's just me but on threads with new replies, the little blue symbol next to the thread title shows up, when clicking on it expecting to go to the latest posts, it just goes to a holding page that says no specified thread or something similar, probably a bug?

Mat

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
And a big thanks to Simon, the vB expert that has been helping us along.
-bob

S

Simon

Hi Bob

Good work! I'm not sure if it's just me but on threads with new replies, the little blue symbol next to the thread title shows up, when clicking on it expecting to go to the latest posts, it just goes to a holding page that says no specified thread or something similar, probably a bug?

Mat
Should work now

seakayaker

The new format is not pleasing to my eye, a bit of wasted space with the width of the maroon lines.

In the past when you were at the bottom of the thread you could access a drop down menu to navigate to any section of the forum. That is now gone and having to scroll to the top is a PITA.

Also the likes and now thanks is a little overkill. I am accustomed to change but not sure if this is an upgrade that improves usability.

Last edited:

JMaher

The new format is not pleasing to my eye, a kit wasted space with the width of the maroon lines. In the past when you were at the bottom of the thread you could access a drop down menu to navigate to any section of the forum. That is now gone and having to scroll to the top is a PITA. Also the likes and now thanks is a little overkill. I am accustomed to change but not sure if this is an upgrade that improves usability.
I have to agree - not really a pleasing format at this point. The bold red is overwhelming and those notices take up a lot of real estate.

JMaher

Maybe it's just me but I am finding it lot harder to read here. Also the orange boxes in a message list don't seem to add any value and seem to draw too much attention.

seakayaker

I have to agree - not really a pleasing format at this point. The bold red is overwhelming and those notices take up a lot of real estate.
Navigating with a laptop through the site and each page opens with the ads and the 5 statements with notification and available reviews is overkill. Once again the user friendly experience is not there. I can understand the need to have the ads to help recover costs of the site but the notifications should be left to opening page only and not appear when moving through the threads. JMHO.

seakayaker

For removing the reviews the suggestion you made works, thanks! Thanks

Did not find the 'Right Arrow Key' top right to turn on/off ads. (Ignore, I found the arrows above the B&H ad and Gallery images.)

Taking a few minutes to navigate through the site, it just does not have a good feel. Smaller type and more wasted space and bold lines are distracting. Perhaps I will get used to it, perhaps not. I find the format of the RFF site more pleasing to the eye as an example.

Thanks for your hard work and efforts on continuing to provide updates and a place for us to share knowledge and images. Perhaps there will only be a few people who are affected by the look and feel but I thought I would let you know my experience.

Last edited:

JMaher

We will keep working on it. Bobs more concentrated on bugs the next day or so.
The button that takes you to the next unread message in a forum seems to not work correctly. That may be related to the issue I am having of finding myself logged out each time I return to the forum.

Jim

S

Simon

I'm logged out as well every time in my phone
Tick the 'Remember Me' box and it should be fine. Its a common problem with vBulletin (even vb3 ones were prone to it) and they have never been able to provide a fix that works for every user

Godfrey

There are several things that still need to be done to wrap this up and a few known issues that remain on our list.
Please report any issues you may see and we will evaluate.
Thanks!
-bob

Known issues:
Color of icon that indicates that a forum has new posts should have more contrast (perhaps make it red)
Favicon is wrong
Missing B&H and Amazon ads, missing paypal donate button
Mobile style still default and needs to be styled
Problems:

- Font is much smaller and very difficult to read. I have to zoom in twice, which makes photos too large to see. I could see the old site easily with no zooming in.

- How do I find new things on the threads I'm subscribed to? I used to click "User CP" and get right there

- The listing of "new things" is cramped and difficult to read.

- The format is so busy it's hard to see what to read. There's so much infrastructure the eye gets no rest. Bars and separations and such.

I feel lost trying to navigate this new layout. Please post some kind of instructions to tell us what buttons do what.

thanks
G