The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Site comments

bab

The title bar at the top of the site is a little too small also the layout could be improved
The page numbers are too small I think as they are often used they could be spaced out more like your original ones and just ever so much bigger
In the new posts page the layout is the most disturbing to me it's like I have to get used to it before I like it...it doesn't work for me. The boxes can't all be the same size I don't need my eye to focus on how many replies, who wrote, or date at the same time I'm trying to read the title. Also the type size in the title is too large FWIW!

Regards

Barry

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
What device are you using to view the forum?
1) Which title bar?
2) Try the new "What's New" button. How does that look to you?
3) Page numbers are the same size they used to be.
4) Are you referring to the thread title in the new posts page? The title is larger to make it easier to see since several folks had complained about it being too small and not differentiated from the "Started by..." line beneath it.
thanks
-bob

Last edited:

Lars

Hi Bob,

I'm slightly bothered as well by some fonts being tiny.

Of course it depends on your browser, OS and screen size so there are a lot of factors here. On my FHD 24" desktop display things look OK, but close to the limit. On my 12" FHD laptop screen some texts are of course more difficult to read.

But it goes beyond screen size. Comparing to other tools and websites on the same computer, the smallest text on GetDPI is clearly on the small size. I set scaling and text size to work well with most tools and sites I use, and GetDPI ends up being slightly more difficult to read.

Title bar on this page I am typing on: The menu row starting with "Front Page" could be one point larger.
The menu row below, starting with "New posts" - same thing there.

Just some thoughts,

Lars

bab

I'm on a iPad...Yes the title bar or the bar at the top of the opening page "new posts" down and to the left one space under what's new. The what's new is almost big enough. Only my opinion the whole bar is not deep enough. Login is to small. You've done a good job on the posts I think most people zoom in using a iPad so the type is bigger keep that in mind when your web designer is laying out the boxes. So scanning the posts the first box on the left (title) when you zoom in eliminates the view of the three boxes to the right. Correction from my first post the title of the post should be slightly larger, not smaller. Your ad bottom box is too big for just four advertisers and it should have the four adv. buttons bigger across the box with no margins between them, when you get another advertiser (5) of them it can make the buttons smaller to have five in a row or make 3 larger on top and two with a space in the middle below them.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I hope the current settings are more usable.
There are still issues on iPad minis and mobile devices.
There will be work on a different format for those sorts of devices.
thanks
-bob

jlm

Workshop Member
a few small things:

there is not a "new posts" tab on the menu bar when in the gallery;

on several occasions, when clicking the arrows after the last poster's name in the thread titles, the link goes to the thread but not to the the last post in the thread

clicking on the link in a notice for a like takes you to the correct thread, but randomly, not to the actual post with the link

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Using iMac, Snow Leopard, Firefox.
GetDPI Works perfect when not logged in.
When logged in and I click on 'go to last post' I'm always taken somewhere else in the thread and have to click again to get to the last post.
Been doing this since the re-jig I think and only a small niggle!
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Abstraction

Is there a notification that tells you that someone has replied to the thread you're participating in? The only notifications I get are if someone likes my post or thanks me for it. I'd prefer to get in site notification about any activity on the threads to which I have replied.

JoelM

Below your response, there is a Subscription pane. Once you subscribe to the thread, you will be notified once until you revisit, then each time thereafter.

Joel

Abstraction

Below your response, there is a Subscription pane. Once you subscribe to the thread, you will be notified once until you revisit, then each time thereafter.

Joel
I have subscribed to a number of threads, but I don't get notifications on the site. I'm not talking about getting e-mail notifications. I want to see notifications on Getdpi.com that someone responded to a thread that I'm subscribing to.