The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ignore List

Don Libby

I have always made a point of writing as if the person were directly in front of me. We occasionally encounter cyber bullies who make a point of attempting to force their will on others. I hate bullies of any type. I just found much to my surprise we've added to ability to ignore those we feel are PIA or POS and I am now going to exercise that option.

And yes this is what I'd say directly to their face without fear. So, if you have someone you'd rather not deal with and feel the mods aren't keeping up use the ignore list like I just did.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Don,

It was a sad day when I succumbed to the Ignore list at getDPI. It was the only place on the net where I'd never needed it. Perhaps I just missed the worst of the Canon/Nikon wars, and the abuse heaped on Leica users is still much worse elsewhere. But it's one thing to bash equipment - when someone bashes users for their equipment choices or artistic preferences, out comes Ignore.

Best,

Matt

Don Libby

I really can't stand any type of bully especially one that hides behind their computer. It's one thing to speak up about equipment and systems however personal attacks are another.

kdphotography

Don,

It was a sad day when I succumbed to the Ignore list at getDPI. It was the only place on the net where I'd never needed it. Perhaps I just missed the worst of the Canon/Nikon wars, and the abuse heaped on Leica users is still much worse elsewhere. But it's one thing to bash equipment - when someone bashes users for their equipment choices or artistic preferences, out comes Ignore.

Best,

Matt
I think the real truth is Matt, you got sick of losing every time "Fuji GX680" or "Nikon 800" was mentioned, and everyone would point their elbow at you to take a drink....:ROTFL: (remember that one?:D)

ken

kdphotography

The Enabler button is a separate button from the Ignore Button, Don

Sometimes confused with the "Buy it Now" button.

:ROTFL:

Tim

On another forum I wanted to add a user to the ignore list but unfortunately that user is a mod.
If only.

MGrayson

I think the real truth is Matt, you got sick of losing every time "Fuji GX680" or "Nikon 800" was mentioned, and everyone would point their elbow at you to take a drink....:ROTFL: (remember that one?:D)

ken
Good times! I'd forgotten about "all in good fun". It's been missing from most gear discussions in the past few years. I try to post only pictures now.

Kudos to you and Don, who still keep to the old ways :salute: !

--Matt

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Here's a suggestion for everyone's forum signature:

How about your signature listing all those on your ignore list. Now that would make for an interesting addition I think. :thumbup: :grin:

I tried looking for the enabler button; every time I clicked it I ended up with another Platypod or K5 head linked to CI with either Ken or Don's affiliate code :ROTFL:

MGrayson

Graham,

Sounds like it would set off a chain reaction and within a week, everybody would be on everyone's ignore list. :D

The biggest problem with the ignore function is that it fails to apply to quoted text from ignored posters. There's no escaping the zealots!

-- Matt

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Well you know that I wasn't being serious. It would be kind of fun to see who is left barking at the moon though at some point :)