The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Delay in reporting malware posts

Leigh

The board imposes a 4-minute delay between reporting spam and other problematic posts.

Why?

There are currently three spam threads, one of which I reported.

So I have to wait 4 minutes to report the second, then another 4 minutes to report the third.

There's no time delay imposed on the spammers posting their garbage in the first place.

Why is there a forced delay in me reporting them? :mad:

- Leigh

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
The board imposes a 4-minute delay between reporting spam and other problematic posts.

Why?

There are currently three spam threads, one of which I reported.

So I have to wait 4 minutes to report the second, then another 4 minutes to report the third.

There's no time delay imposed on the spammers posting their garbage in the first place.

Why is there a forced delay in me reporting them? :mad:

- Leigh
Well, I have wondered as well.
This will require dipping into the code which might happen pretty soon as I have another issue that requires that.
-bob