The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

dchew

I am getting the above notice frequently all of a sudden. Never saw this before until a few days ago. Anyone else getting this or is it on my end somehow?

Dave

pegelli

For me it's a recent but now also frequent experience. Usually 5 min. later everything seems to be OK again.

k-hawinkler

Yup, got the same message a number of times, starting maybe a week ago.:banghead:
Got another one yesterday. :facesmack:

Darin Marcus

It happened to me too. I was able to open the main page and visit a couple of threads, but then got the same message. I stopped and came back a few hours later when everything worked fine.

I noticed that a large number of people were visiting the site at that time. Not sure if they were legitimate or bots. Could be related to the holidays.

pegelli

I have the feeling it's starting to occur more often today and it seems to take longer before it's restored :confused:

Is there a moderator who can shed some light on what's happening?

Don Libby

Today has been very bad even painful in attending to access the site. I've lost PMs that I was responding to in the middle as well as other posts. Are we running out of juice? Rolling blackouts?

Knorp

Yep, it's getting rather epidemic.

However it makes you explore the website's otherwise unknown territories ... :rolleyes:

Screenshot 2020-01-08 at 21.51.43.jpg

algrove

I am starting to look for alternative sites for my crucial stuff like sales. This site has been very slow for some time, but now server too busy is not enjoyable.

Knorp

Still doing it. The sysop must be asleep (if there is one)
Yeah, the Sysop is probably still digesting his Christmas meal.

Perhaps we could start a fight and calling names: that should trigger their attention for sure ... :lecture:

:chug: :watch: :grin:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
We've had a couple weird days for sure. We don't know what happened, as everything on server side looks good, but we see the lags too -- and then just as quickly, they disappear and the site runs normally.... So, we are on it, but stumped.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
That message indicates that there are demands for more database threads than configured.
It seems to occur approximately coincident with our daily backups to Amazon S3.
I am making a few adjustments. Please help me by recording the time of day and your timezone when it is observed as the logs indicate nothing wrong.
:banghead:
thanks
-bob

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

I notice this early in the morning MDT.
Also, before the sentence appears, the connection seems to hang entirely.