The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I give up!

dave.gt

For a number of days now, I cannot get into GetDPI with my iPhone. Apparently, the phone decided not to keep my password on this forum and another one. I was able to finally play enough numbers games to come up with the old password on the other forum. However, my password on this forum is far too long, and I cannot come up with it on my own.

So, I clicked on "Forget your password"....duh...yeah. It sent me to another page, I went through the maddening Captcha crap that took about twenty tries, and it said it would send me an email to direct me to reset my password. It never happened! Six or seven times, it never happened!

How is anyone supposed to be able to reset/change their password on this forum?

The fact that I am using the computer right now verifies it was a problem with the iPhone. But when I requested an email to reset the password, it never happened.

I cannot go to my computer just anytime during the day, so it is important that I be able to access the forum with the iPhone, but for some reason, I haven't even received an answer to my PMs.

I give up!:mad:

Photon42

[...]it is important that I be able to access the forum with the iPhone [...]
That is dedication. Never give up, Dave. Did you at some point said, the Phone should never store passwords for this site? There is a separate tab for passwords in Preferences.

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
For a number of days now, I cannot get into GetDPI with my iPhone. Apparently, the phone decided not to keep my password on this forum and another one. I was able to finally play enough numbers games to come up with the old password on the other forum. However, my password on this forum is far too long, and I cannot come up with it on my own.

So, I clicked on "Forget your password"....duh...yeah. It sent me to another page, I went through the maddening Captcha crap that took about twenty tries, and it said it would send me an email to direct me to reset my password. It never happened! Six or seven times, it never happened!

How is anyone supposed to be able to reset/change their password on this forum?

The fact that I am using the computer right now verifies it was a problem with the iPhone. But when I requested an email to reset the password, it never happened.

I cannot go to my computer just anytime during the day, so it is important that I be able to access the forum with the iPhone, but for some reason, I haven't even received an answer to my PMs.

I give up!:mad:
Hello Dave,

In the last two week we have been in the midst of a major transition so there could be some issues with communication. I take full responsibility for it and I apologize for this delay. Please let me look into it. Soon I will set up a special channel. I want to hear more about such issues so we can make the whole experience seamless.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
There is a long standing issue with sending outbound email to some email services. Sometimes we are black-listed usually because our notifications have been marked as spam, sometimes, there is a demand for newer email verification technology than the site now supports.
This is clearly an area for improvement.
thanks
-bob

dave.gt

Hello Dave,

In the last two week we have been in the midst of a major transition so there could be some issues with communication. I take full responsibility for it and I apologize for this delay. Please let me look into it. Soon I will set up a special channel. I want to hear more about such issues so we can make the whole experience seamless.
The Captcha thing is gone now...:loco:

Has anybody any idea how to solve this problem? I feel like I am a castaway... but why? There is no reason anyone should be stuck in a situation they cannot log in on any device. Again, tying me to a computer that stays in my desk is not exactly what I have been doing for the last 20 years on the forum and I doubt anyone else is doing it.

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
The Captcha thing is gone now...:loco:

Has anybody any idea how to solve this problem? I feel like I am a castaway... but why? There is no reason anyone should be stuck in a situation they cannot log in on any device. Again, tying me to a computer that stays in my desk is not exactly what I have been doing for the last 20 years on the forum and I doubt anyone else is doing it.
Dave,

As promised, I looked into your issue two days ago and send you an email. I received no confirmation from you. The email with your new password was resend to you again today. Jack, Bob and I are doing are best to monitor and help.

Cheers,

Olaf

dave.gt

Yay!!!! Woohoo!!! It works!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Thank you much, guys!

I never received the previous email. But now we are cookin'!!!:grin: