The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Small Sensor Fun

pollobarca

Osman, more than seperate they channel us with obstructions. Try walking to a commercial center in italy. They only want people with cars.On foot or by bus people are not welcome.
Wouter, love the shoes on the station shot. He fits in nicely between the people sitting in the background. I'm getting a lot of tips from you about composition!

sizifo

Osman, I like those of the topkapi saray behind the concrete, and the red flags against the drab grey background (i would have been drawn to take one of just the flags).

>>Philosophy. I couldnt understand much of her work or the questions she was answering.

My guess was completely wrong then :) .

>>I dont think anyone really wants a small sensor, we all want a smaller camera!

Must disagree with this! I've become really fond of the small sensor rough , infinite dof, aesthetic, and really have learned to appreciate that each physical sensor size has it's own beauty. Been shooting some medium format film recently, and it doesn't in any way make me wanna stop using the ricoh (even if there was such a thing as a grd sized hasselblad). Different kettle of fish, as they say :)

sizifo

Here are two with a polygonal theme... First GRDI, second GRDII, both taken in Hamburg.

The first resembles the shot you posted earlier Wouter.

pollobarca

Oh well I agree with you on that (small sensor) , but the manufacturer was making a small camera ,

Like your first tunnel shot ,the 3 shadows at the end make it otherwise you'd just have a blob of light there. Nice division of the blocks of colour .

I'm now going back to my Hiromi Pix and see if I can better them. I took over 400
photos of that concert. I've not been able to do more of her as the later venues I've been to have photo restrictions, a shame as she doesnt worry at all about this.

all the best

paul

otumay

Cafe scenes. What strikes me most is this: People drive through heavy traffic to reach a nice spot along the Bosphorus and immediately are immersed in their everyday conversations, oblivious to the beauty of their surroundings. Fortunately they are also oblivious to the lurking DP-1 guy in the shadows...
Best,
Osman

pollobarca

Nice cafes' in Turkey!
heres a motel bar in Szombatheley Hungary

We were 3 customers only.
Some bars have attractions too

such as rock bands!!

sizifo

Since I'm too lazy to upload new ones at this minute, these are some of the most viewed photos from my flickr - not necessarily my favorites. Both posted here before, but a long time ago.

The first actually is the most viewed one. Sex sells, that's all I can say.

pollobarca

Sizifa,
bit of a wally with the legs. I think he was doing it on purpose. Lovely picture.
But the second one with the two pairs of happy girls and the cold fella up front,
finished off with that poster.All falls so neatly into place. Interest all the way through.
all the best

paul

pollobarca

Beautiful shot Osman, the clouds well caught and the sea moving ,did you wait for the little wave to break? I try to catch the white foam when doing these shots but shutter lag (especially with my Oly) gets in the way.

A couple from Sirmione on Lake Garda
first GX100 with the Nikon wce 68 converter

This is at the back of the castle, little girl ran into the picture chasing away the ducks I had lined up!
again gx100 with the Nikon wce68

I do agree with Wayne on the beautiful work that the DP1 and 2 do. In effect I dont zoom much with the gx100 so a fixed lens wouldnt be much of a problem ,other than a head one!

sizifo

>>bit of a wally with the legs. I think he was doing it on purpose.
Definitely, the guys were just fooling around.

The shot from Porec has some nice geometry going on.

Really enjoying your shots from Turkey, osman, through the very special electronics of the dp.

view camera? :)

sizifo

Here's one from the Thames festival a few days ago (GRDI).

I thought "London Bridge" was an appropriate title.

sizifo

Here are two more experimental/noisy ones.

A graveyard in Hamburg

And this one, "explosion on the Reeperbahn", reminiscent of a scene from a B-movie.

pollobarca

Your London (should it be Tower?) bridge picture is superb. a nice diagonal of action, shadow photgrapher, beautiful girl and her shadow, the photographer taking Tower Bridge. loads of interest.
Thats Hammer Horror with the Graveyard, and the Reeperbahn I suppose hasnt changed much since I saw it 32 years ago.Its a real "b" movie set. Your picture made me think of
Vonneguts description of a night view from the road of a city(cant remember the city) in "breakfast of champions" .
All the best

paul

ps Glad you like the angles from Porec.