The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Small Sensor Fun

sizifo

#fail. Tower bridge. Damn. 10 years in london, and still the same slip of the tongue. :)

>>and the Reeperbahn I suppose hasnt changed much since I saw it 32 years ago
I don't think so (although I wouldn't know for sure). It's a unique place. Had the pleasure of living ON it for a few months earlier this year - the photo was taken from the apartment.

Thanks for the nice comments.

otumay

Thank you Paul and Sizifo for your encouraging comments. Paul, I didn't have to wait for the wave to break, because waves were breaking every instant due to incessant Northern winds. As for shutter lag, DP1 seems to be the slowest camera in that aspect.

otumay

Just opened an account in flickr.com and this is my first upload from there. Stranded jellyfish, courtesy DP1.
Osman

pollobarca

Osman,
thats a fantastic shot, with the tiny sunburst completing it.

paul

PS I wait for waves to break, people to walk into the scene etc. In fact I often wave people through when they stay out of the scene to let me photograph. I then snap when they are in frame.

otumay

I guess you're right. Sometimes I think my shots are monotonous, if not lifeless. I worry I'll lose control if people step in my frame, because their movements are usually unpredictable. I'm not good at taking chances;)

W

wbrandsma

The good thing is always that there are more chances. Either with or without people. And it of course worth trying to capture images with people.

It is good by the way to see this thread heating up with more photographs. The graveyard photograph is chilling Sizifo!

pollobarca

Wouter, the second shot with the hand on the bollard and the legs about to spring.
very nice.The shadows no doubt strengthened with the Pp are great in the last 2 shots.

Will, absolutely marvellous macro. detail and the water drops , along witht the slugs stalks are so good. A lovely picture to view. Had you just cut the lawn? the grass looks like its been mown.

rgds

paul

Will

Some really nice diverse images on this thread.

Another one from the original one and only GRD :)

W

wbrandsma

John, your photograph is so simple and yet so stunning and intriguing.

These photographs are from the 65th commemoration of the Operation Market Garden, the largest airborne operation of all time in an attempt to seizure bridges in the Netherlands in September 1944. After nine days of heavy fighting the plan to seizure all bridges failed and the lives of almost 3,000 young men from the UK, Canada, United States, and Poland lost their lives. Due to the optimistic planning of the Allied forces to war in Europe continued for another half year until it was ended in May of 1945.

pollobarca

Kweide, particularly like your first shot from Sicili, great detail, the legs under the table
and the boys eyes, lots going on there but not much drinking!

Wouter, impeccable quality. The GRDIII is working well. The second shot has great detail, well they all have !

More fun for me with my GX100
Heres one of my first pictures with the GX100, Innsbruck station, straight JPEG
with the GX100 balanced on someones parked bicycle.One of my first night shots with the GX100. It was pretty chilly.

Someones Granma in Seregno

All the best

paul

sizifo

Really cool to come back after a few days and see so many excellent photos. The cross on the window is very touching. The leaves, amazing how good the grd macro can look. And I really like the fourth one in the military series, with the heads cut off.

pollobarca

First off - Cold play was really Wet play , Will.
Nicely captured. What a great Dad you are, taking your boys despite the rain!:salute:

This one I took a few months back. Finally got round to looking at it.
I think I may have been worried what I would do to the picture which stopped
me.
There was a tremendous amount of reflected light which weakened the details.
I tweaked a lot with Rawtherapee, wanting to keep the glow at the heart
of the flower and as much detail as I could. Any tips on ways I can do it better?

heres the original jpeg straight from the camera (only resized).In the original DNG file there was a tremendous glow in the flower which was lost to an extent with the Ricoh JPEG file. I tried to keep it along with the details.
All tips gratefully (graciously?) accepted:talk028:
Oh GX100.