The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Small Sensor Fun

Lili

Awesomely good work here, very nice to see GRD and GX still in Play

Very small sensor here; camera phone. It was frighteningly windy so I decided if I could not beat it I would go with it.
Another from the same outing.

T-Mobile MyTouch

Last edited:

pollobarca

Lili,
the sky on your second pic and how you caught the clouds curving with the colour coming in too. Very nice.

But not only the GX100 holds its own- my little Oly c5050z with a picture taken in May. Handheld.
Camera: Olympus C5050Z
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1000)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 11.9 mm
ISO Speed: 64
Exposure Bias: 0 EV

all the best

paul

sizifo

Yeah, there is no reason to dismiss the old compacts with a low pixel count, on the contrary.

Here's one from yesterday. Still trying to make my mind up about it, as it is experimental, so comments are very welcome.

And one from a wedding I went to this weekend.

(The strategy was long exposure, and hope that the wedding photographer's flash goes off).

sizifo

Reposting two of the earlier photos. Replaced the old versions on flickr, so they probably won't show soon (although they still are).

Lili

Paul, thanks :)
Your Oly does very well indeed! Of course your eye is what guides it. I think the War PJ Majoli uses/used the Oly 5050...
Sizifo, nice series, I lke the monchrome and the movement in the one on your flickr site!

F200EXR Homage' to Bokeh ;)
And another one from my phone

sizifo

Yes, a very very nice flower.

>>Sizifo, nice series, I lke the monchrome and the movement in the one on your flickr site!

Which one do you mean, so that I may post it?

Here's one from the Thames festival that I like more the more I look at it (unlike the "dalmatian" above, which I like less now).

W

wbrandsma

"Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom." - Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970).

A Dutch politician introduced a plan to raise taxes for wearing islamic headscarves. Feared are those not being different, but those who spread fear among others.

Lili

Sizifo, thank you, I was referring to the Dancers at the Wedding :)
Will Thanks awfully :) It was very windy again and I had to wait for a pause.
MHC I like the railing shot best, nice use of selective focus, composition and lighting.
Another flower from same group, I am not sure about the OOF bit just above the blossom

and the obligatory sunset ;)

both with the Fuji F200EXR

pollobarca

Wouter,
I see Italy doesnt have a monopoly on crazy buggers. Perhaps a tax on wooden shoes
in Italy to protect the leather workers? or a tax on Nuns Habits? theres plenty of tax on my habits, so fairs fair! lastly a tax on ccd sensors to make up for lost vat on film sales.
Possible as Italy put a tax on blank cd's and masterizers... Shame we cant tax stupid ideas.

BTW lovely pictures, your flower shot Lili, the Homage to Bokeh, magic! Sharp flower with a network of stems behind.

Wouter your muslim ( is she or is she just keepng her head warm?) lady is a nice picture, with the sign Women visil+ble and the shoe publicity all the little details all in their place.

MHC the railing shot and the lipstick advert are marvellous. Not sure i like the fish and salad.

Sizifo- I've a few like this flash shot, normal its beer and operator errors with me although a couple I have done on purpose.
This one on purpose

This one was an accident, but Lucifer here is perfectly interpreted! yes he's an evil one!

here instead Someone let loose with his DSLR just when I was taking a pic , I end up almost taking an upskirt shot worthy of the Tokyo Subway! Really why take pictures of stage acts with a flash, If I had had the DSLR and a fast lens....

Lili

Gosh, Wouter, You posted just before me and I missed that shot; lovely moment you caught! I just cannot tolerate intolerance and fear-mongering! I doubt this Lady is threat to anyone!

Paul, thank you! I love the long exposure with flash look, I have always meant to try that. As to you comment on the DSLR Flash guy, I quite agree; DSLR's let you pick and choose your glass, for this work fast glass rules and with such flash need not be used!

otumay

The Northern extreme of the Bosphorus, a tanker coming in from the Black Sea. On the right, the Asian side. Courtesy DP1.
Cheers,
Osman

smokysun

osman, have you printed these up? i really like them.

wouter, have you done a gallery show? i think it's about time. the black and whites just great. i'm sure you could make a selection thematically.

wayne
www.pbase.com

otumay

Paul, Lili and Wayne, thanks a lot. Maybe I should mention that they were shot after feasting over delicious bluefish in a seaside restaurant with good old friends. Always helps you to keep up the spirit under those dark clouds...
Wayne, no I haven't printed them. Not that I do not like to, but I do not have much space left on my walls, so I make do with watching them on my screen.
Osman

sizifo

A Dutch politician introduced a plan to raise taxes for wearing islamic headscarves. Feared are those not being different, but those who spread fear among others.
I find it quite depressing that the Netherlands, the model liberal country, is falling under right wing influences. A dutch guy i talked to at a wedding last weekend (where I took the photo above), was also not very happy with the situation.