The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Small Sensor Fun

D

D upton-Hackett.

Cracking shots, did you use a polarize filter, I have used one on the DP2, it's very difficult to see changes on the LCD.

s.agar

Hi Osman,

Congratulations for these beautiful photos.

It must be quite difficult to focus with DP-1 for shots like these. Are you using MF?

Seyhun

sizifo

Cool photos otumay. Only on the second one I get the urge to change the white balance. It seems too blue, but then, maybe this is realistic.

otumay

Cool photos otumay. Only on the second one I get the urge to change the white balance. It seems too blue, but then, maybe this is realistic.
Thanks. You're right on the white balance issue. I liked it somehow and did not atempt to correct it.

otumay

A few photos from Sile, a town on the Black Sea coast. Courtesy DP1.
Best,
Osman

Fishing port by night:

Port and the old fortress tower in the morning rain:

Self portrait with my beloved:

D

D upton-Hackett.

Once again lovely images. Smashing SP you look younger in B/W:D:D

pollobarca

Hullo everybody,
Some lovely pictures from everyone on this forum, I especially like the second seagulls shot
from Otumay. Bit risky taking that, a load from a gull on your camera, otumay, would not be
so good! Lovely picture.
I've been inactive for a few days. Too cold for picture taking?
Yesterday went out looking for pressies and found a nice graffitti back of the cemetery in Giussano.

I wanted to picture it in its context, including the tree. Its not a simple graffitti but
nice gentle irony too. Well i think so!

all the best

paul

otumay

Paul, a very striking graffiti and a good composition.
As for 'presents' from our avian friends, I find myself particularly fortunate in attracting guano from them, not on my photo gear luckily.
Osman

New Korean restaurant we tried today. Specializes in variations of oxtail soup. Excellent flavor, and reasonably priced!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3, iso400
Neatimage NR, a little dodging of the faces in PSE

A

ajuett

I was a friends Christmas Concert today and took a few photos just to practice a bit. Under these conditions I found the G11 performed as good as the actors ;-)

Not much PP except sharpening and custom WB adjusting. Cropped off a small amount off the sides and top.

RAW
140mm
f/4.5
1/50
EV -2/3
3200 ISO

Rick Waldroup

From a new project I am working on- "Dream City"

I am using two different cameras for this series, a Lumix L1 and a Ricoh GRDII. These images were shot with the Ricoh.

Last edited:

sizifo

Wonderful photos Rick, especially the last. Looks like a good idea for a project. Private one I assume, or are you lucky enough to get commissioned?

Here's one from Portobello Road London. GRDII color.